At BMI The Blackheath Hospital we use our expertise to not only offer the best treatment available for your injury, but also to evaluate the underlying causes of injury in order to help prevent future problems. We can offer you advice on prevention of sports injuries, warm up and muscle training specific to your sport, muscle imbalance and overuse, and a biomechanical assessment.
All of our physiotherapists are members of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapists and work closely as part of an integrated multi-disciplinary team. The experienced staff and technology within this team has led to a number of elite national and regional athletes choosing to have their diagnosis and treatment at our hospital. You can find out more about our physiotherapy team.
Your initial appointment will involve a 45 minute assessment of your condition so that a treatment programme can be specifically developed with you. Further sessions will consist of 30 minute appointments.
You will benefit from
- Consultation with a leading sports physician
- Fast access to treatment and on-site diagnostic tests including ultrasound and X-ray
- Access to MRI scanning facilities
- Access to a team of onsite orthopaedic surgeons specialising in sports injuries
- Clear pricing, offering peace of mind for those patients without private medical insurance.
In addition to the regular Physiotherapist service, we also offer a specialist sports injury service. Whether you’re a professional sports person or a sports enthusiast of any age, with an acute or chronic injury, we understand your goal is to return to fitness.