Covid 19 update - Remote Consultations
At BMI Healthcare we want you to know that we are still here for you during the lock down. We may be unable to offer face-to-face support for patients at this time, but we are now able to offer telephone or video consultations, so we can continue to provide advice and exercises to help treat your condition. Our prices have been reduced during this time.
Call us on 0800 404 6660 to arrange your appointment
At BMI The Blackheath Hospital, we offer private Physiotherapy services to patients who are based in Greenwich, Lewisham or Bexley.
At BMI The Blackheath Hospital we use our expertise to not only offer the best treatment available for your injury, but also to evaluate the underlying causes of injury in order to help prevent future problems.
We can offer you advice on prevention of sports injuries, warm up and muscle training specific to your sport, muscle imbalance and overuse, and a biomechanical assessment.
- Private Physiotherapy Treatments in Greenwich
Private Physiotherapy Treatments in Greenwich
- Acupuncture physiotherapy - this can be used on its own or in combination with physiotherapy to help treat a range of musculoskeletal conditions.
- Bracing - you may benefit from bracing if you have been suffering with painful joints, stability issues or have ongoing pain. Braces can also help with rehabilitation and returning to sport.
- Chronic pain management - if you have had persistent or long-standing pain that has failed to respond to previous treatments, then it would be helpful to consult a physiotherapist.
- Hand therapy - provides assessment and holistic rehabilitation for patients with a hand or upper limb injury or condition. The treatment is tailored to your needs and focuses on helping you get back to the day-to-day activities that you enjoy.
- Hydrotherapy (off-site at BMI Chelsfield Park Hospital) - also known as aquatic therapy, is physiotherapy performed in a warm water pool. The effects of the water and warm temperature can help to reduce pain and provide support to aid your rehabilitation.
- Isokinetic testing - a strength test for the muscles around the knee. It’s used to compare the strength of the affected knee against the unaffected leg.
- Pelvic health rehabilitation - pelvic health physiotherapists are specially trained to assess and treat a range of conditions that can cause pelvic problems, such as incontinence of the bladder or bowel, or pelvic pain.
- Physiotherapy for cancer treatments - we offer individual assessments and treatment for a wide range of musculoskeletal problems that can occur as a result of your cancer treatment, such as shoulder pain and stiffness after breast surgery, or lower back pain as a result of being less active.
- Physiotherapy for sports injuries - the diagnosis and treatment of muscle, joint and nerve problems caused by practicing a sport or exercising, including muscle imbalances, joint pain and post-fracture rehabilitation.
- Pilates (1:1 only, no classes) - a form of exercise that may improve balance, strength, posture, flexibility and circulation. It focuses on strengthening the core abdominal and back muscles.
- Respiratory physiotherapy- relates to the assessment and treatment of people with disorders of the respiratory system. Physiotherapy is focused on maximising physical function and helping you manage symptoms.
- Rehabilitation services - aims to improve function after surgery or injuries including fractures, accidents, chronic spinal conditions, strokes, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, cranial surgery and cardiac surgery.
- Shockwave therapy - also known as Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy (ESWT), it is used to treat chronic tendon problems, shoulder pain, painful heel, tennis elbow or pain in the Achilles tendon.
- Vestibular rehabilitation – the treatment consists of exercises designed to retrain the balance system and to re-programme your brain to tune out the dizzy sensations.
- Private Physiotherapy Facilities in Greenwich
Private Physiotherapy Facilities in Greenwich
- Gym Equipment
- Watt Bike
- Free weights
- Pilates Ladder Barrel
- Complete Stability Chair
- Wobble Boards
- Gym Ball
All of our physiotherapists are members of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapists and work closely as part of an integrated multi-disciplinary team.
The experienced staff and technology within this team has led to a number of elite national and regional athletes choosing to have their diagnosis and treatment at our hospital. You can find out more about our physiotherapy team.
Your initial appointment will involve a 45-minute assessment of your condition so that a treatment programme can be specifically developed with you. Further sessions will consist of 30 minute appointments.
You will benefit from
- Consultation with a leading sports physician
- Fast access to treatment and on-site diagnostic tests including ultrasound and X-ray
- Access to MRI scanning facilities
- Access to a team of on-site orthopaedic surgeons specialising in sports injuries
- Clear pricing, offering peace of mind for those patients without private medical insurance
In addition to the regular Physiotherapist service, we also offer a specialist sports injury service.
Whether you’re a professional sports person or a sports enthusiast of any age, with an acute or chronic injury, we understand your goal is to return to fitness.
Accessing private healthcare is easy, whether you choose to pay directly or use private medical insurance.
If you are paying for yourself, we can usually offer an upfront cost which you can then choose to pay in full or access one of our easy payment options.
If you have insurance, we can arrange direct settlement with your insurance provider, although you should check in advance to see if your treatment is covered. For more information, visit our private medical insurance page.