Many people benefit from a hospital stay whilst recovering from an illness, during certain treatments or before/ after an operation. Patients can opt to be transferred from their current hospital to convalesce at BMI The Chaucer Hospital*.
We offer respite packages to give patients and their families’ peace of mind and extra support when they need it.
- Avoid the stress of having to arrive for early morning appointments
- Know that you, or your loved one, is in safe hands
- Be reassured that dedicated care is available around the clock, if needed
Respite packages include:
- A private bedroom with en-suite, TV and WiFi
- Consultant-led service from a multi-disciplinary team
- Personalised care from dedicated nurses and care assistants
- All catering and meals
- Physiotherapy sessions
- Medical tests (including blood tests)
- Diagnostics and scans
Prices for an overnight stay start from just £100.
To find out more about our respite service at BMI The Chaucer Hospital please call 01227 825158
*Patients must meet specific criteria to be admitted for this service
Terms and conditions
*We do not accept admissions for any person under the age of 18 years old. There are various medical conditions that we are unable to accept. The nurse will ask you questions over the phone to ensure it is suitable for you to be admitted into hospital.
**Please check the cover detail of your insurance policy with your insurer directly.
***Our fixed price pay for yourself package includes accommodation, daily consultant visits, nursing care, low cost drugs and pathology, and access to some other healthcare professionals such as physiotherapists. The price does not include the initial consultant fee, imaging and diagnostics, high cost drugs and pathology and consultations, care or treatment provided by other specialist consultants. For patients paying for themselves, we will ask for your credit card details upon admission to act as a holding deposit.