We offer fast diagnosis and treatment for minor accidents and injuries on a walk-in basis. The service is available to adults over the age of 18, with no appointment necessary, giving you rapid access to urgent care when you need it most.
You will be treated by experienced nurses and qualified doctors within a short time of arriving.
BMI The Chaucer Hospital offers the convenience of access to on-site imaging, pathology testing, pharmacy and physiotherapy. The Urgent Care Centre is able to offer private onward referrals to specialist consultants for further investigations, should it be necessary.
- Monday to Friday - 8am - 8pm*
- Saturday 9am – 5pmn
*(last patient can check-in at 7:30pm)
Services and facilities
Our self-pay private walk-in clinic is available for a wide range of minor accidents, injuries and illnesses including:
- Fractures, sprains & strains
- Minor wounds including: minor burns, cuts & grazes, skin infections
- Minor ear, nose and throat conditions including: ear lacerations, facial injuries, sinus problems, blocked nose, throat infections, painful throat
- Gynaecological concerns
- Minor medical conditions
- Stomach, bowel and bladder problems including: abdominal pain, nausea, increased urinary frequency or urgency, urinary retention or poor urinary flow
- Additional investigative tests such as blood tests, urinalysis or X-rays will incur an additional charge and these can be carried out during your assessment.
We are also unable to treat children under the age of 18 years old
- Acute mental illness
- Chest pain
- Complications of pregnancy
- Road traffic accidents
- Severe shortness of breath
- Extensive burns
- Overdosing and intoxication
- Significant head or neck injuries
Where you require an onward referral to a consultant, physiotherapist or other healthcare professional, we will be able to arrange rapid access to an appointment without you needing to see your GP. A consultant may even be able to see you on the same day.
If you have an enquiry, please call us on 01227 825100 or make an online enquiry.