Following our inspection in January 2019, our full CQC report is now available for review.
While we acknowledge that we have some areas which require improvement, we would encourage you to read the summary of findings detailed at the front of the full report.
An action plan has already been compiled and we are working hard to ensure that all matters raised within the report are addressed.
We are also delighted that the report recognised and highlighted some really important aspects relating to the care delivered at BMI The Chiltern Hospital.
We were particularly pleased that we were rated as ‘Good’ for being effective, responsive and caring. We were also rated as ‘Good’ for surgery, oncology and medical care (including older people’s care).
These are some of the findings detailed:
- The service controlled infection risks and kept equipment and the premises clean. There were no incidences of hospital acquired MRSA, MSSA, c-diff or E-Coli.
- Staff put patients at the centre of all that they did.
- Staff took time to involve patients in their care and provided emotional support to patients to minimise their distress.
- The service had enough medical staff with the right qualifications, skills, training and experience to keep people safe from avoidable harm and to provide the right care and treatment.
- We observed how staff demonstrated a kind and caring attitude to patients and took time to speak with patients and their relatives in a respectful, patient and considerate way.
- The service promoted a positive culture that supported and valued staff, creating a sense of common purpose based on shared values.
- The service treated concerns and complaints seriously, investigated them and learnt lessons from the results, sharing these both internally and with other BMI hospitals.
We look forward to welcoming you at BMI The Chiltern Hospital
Executive Director - South Bucks Hospitals