What is the Muscle and Nerve Centre?
The Droitwich Muscle and Nerve Centre is a group of specialists headed by Dr Davies, Consultant Neurologist who coordinates the Neurology Outpatient Clinic with support from a specialist Neurophysiologist, Neuroradiologist and Neurophysiotherapist.
What conditions and symptoms are treated?
Neurology is the study of the central and peripheral nervous system.
This clinic specialises in conditions that affect both the central nervous system (CNS) and the peripheral nervous system (PNS). Conditions include:
Central Nervous System
- Multiple sclerosis
- Movement disorders such as Parkinson’s disease
- Diseases of the spine and spinal cord.
Peripheral Nervous System
- Damage to the peripheral nerve (peripheral neuropathy) which may present with numbness, tingling and weakness
- Muscle damage (myopathy/muscular dystrophy) resulting in cramps, muscle wasting and weakness
- Neuromuscular junction disease (myasthenic syndromes) which cause weakness and fatigability
What to expect when you visit the Droitwich Muscle and Nerve Centre for an appointment
At your appointment you will receive specialist clinical advice. Dr Davies will take a comprehensive medical/neurological history and perform a detailed neurological examination. Other tests that may be required include blood samples, CT or MRI scans and neurophysiological studies such as EMG/NCS (tests on the nerves and muscles) and EEG (electroencephalography).
How do I make an appointment?
Clinics are held on a Friday afternoon from 3pm at BMI The Droitwich Spa Hospital. Please call 01905 793333 to make an appointment.