Podiatry is the specific branch of medicine that deals with diagnosis and treatment of conditions of the foot and ankle. A podiatrist may treat a myriad of issues from the relatively minor, such as corns, to major conditions and injuries, like fractures.
The Podiatry Clinic at BMI The Droitwich Spa Hospital offers diagnosis and modern treatments for a wide range of conditions, with on-site access to pathology, x-ray and physiotherapy if required.
- Ankle pain
- Foot pain
- Fungal infections
- Verrucea - treatment with cryosurgery
- Sports injuries such as: ankle sprains, shin splints, knee pain, metatarsalgia, and hip discomfort
- Lower and mid back pain
- Diabetic and rheumatoid foot conditions
- Biomechanical video gait analysis - analysis to assess, plan, and treat individuals with conditions affecting their ability to walk
- Nail surgery
- Orthotics - custom made foot devices
- Ankle and knee brace manufacture
- 3D foot scan - 3D foot diagnostic assessments
This modern method of scanning enables the clinician to assess the foot in 3D and accurately measure the foot weight patterns in each foot. This subsequently allows current complaints to be treated and prevents problems occurring in athletes. It also supports prophylactic care in rheumatoid patient and diabetic patients, reducing the likelihood of ulcerations occurring.
The podiatric service at BMI the Droitwich Spa Hospital is provided by Mr Robert Hill, DPod.M.,DCh.,MSCh.,BSc(HONS), Clinical and Biomechanical Podiatrist. Robert is an experienced podiatrist who has practised at BMI Healthcare since 1997. He works closely with our orthopaedic specialists to ensure that patients receive the most appropriate treatment and care.
Clinics are run on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays.
For appointments and referrals call 01905 793316.