COVID-19 Remote Consultations Update - 7/6/20
Our physiotherapy services remain open for business, and we continue to accept new referrals - you do not need to have seen your GP or a Consultant to refer yourself for Physiotherapy.
However, the safety of patients and our staff is of paramount importance to us, so we continue to operate a ‘Virtual first’ approach, as recommended by the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP).
For full details on how BMI is keeping its Physiotherapy patients safe
Call us on 0800 404 6660 to arrange your appointment
Physiotherapy is a proven method to treat a wide range of injuries and conditions including back and neck pain, repetitive strain injury, joint pain and arthritis, muscle injuries, post-surgery rehabilitation, and sports injuries. We also have physiotherapists that specialise in women’s health, acupuncture and Pilates.
If you need private physiotherapy treatment in Droitwich, Worcester and Romsgrove, BMI The Droitwich Spa Hospital offers competitive prices and flexible appointment times. You should normally have your appointment booked within 48 hours of your initial request.
Private Physiotherapy Clinic in Droitwich
At BMI The Droitwich Spa Hospital we offer the following private services:
- Acupuncture physiotherapy – can be used on its own or in combination with physiotherapy to help treat a range of musculoskeletal conditions.
- AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill - this is used to reduce stress on injuries and joints in the lower body.
- Bracing - you may benefit from bracing if you have been suffering with painful joints, stability issues or have ongoing pain. Braces can also help with rehabilitation and returning to sport.
- Extracorporeal shockwave therapy (ESWT) - ESWT involves the use of a medical device to pass shockwaves through the skin to the injured part of the body.
- Gait analysis Footscan and Phits 3D printed insoles - gait analysis is a biomechanical examination where our physiotherapists determine how efficiently your body moves when walking or running.
- Hand therapy - hand therapy provides assessment and holistic rehabilitation for patients with a hand or upper limb injury or condition. The treatment is tailored to your needs and focuses on helping you get back to the day to day activities that you enjoy.
- Nerve conduction studies - nerve conduction studies are used to test the electrical activity through the nerves in the arms and legs. This test is most commonly used to diagnosis carpal tunnel syndrome in the hand.
- Pelvic health rehabilitation - pelvic health physiotherapists are specially trained to assess and treat a range of conditions that can cause pelvic problems, such as incontinence of the bladder or bowel, or pelvic pain.
- Physiotherapy for sports injuries - the diagnosis and treatment of muscle, joint and nerve problems caused by practicing a sport or exercising, including muscle imbalances, joint pain and post-fracture rehabilitation. The aim is to get you back to sport as soon as possible.
Sports injury is the most common condition we treat and here are some of the injuries we can help with:
- Muscle tears
- Tendon and ligament injuries
- Overuse injuries
- Post surgical rehabilitation
- Knee, ankle and foot pain
- Golfer’s elbow
- Tennis elbow
- Heel pain (plantar fasciitis)
- Achilles tendinopathy
- Runner’s knee
- Lower back pain
Appointments are on a one-to-one basis and a full examination and assessment is carried out prior to commencement of a course of treatment. Your first visit will involve an assessment of your condition so that a treatment programme can be specifically developed for you. We offer a wide range of therapies that are often used in combination in a treatment programme.
AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill in Droitwich
Now you can enhance your rehabilitation with the AlterG® Anti-gravity treadmill®
The Anti-Gravity Treadmill helps a broad spectrum of people, whether you're a patient or an athlete dealing with lower body injuries, chronic pain or neurological conditions that inhibit mobility, you can benefit from the unweighting capabilities.
The Anti–Gravity treadmill allows you to walk or run with no pain while maintaining a normal gait, it reduces stress on joints and injured areas of your lower body, giving you the confidence and ability to run or walk longer and recover faster with less pain.
Here are some of the main benefits from using the AlterG:
- Reduce gravity’s impact by selecting any weight between 20% and 100% of your body weight by 1% increments
- Rehabilitate lower extremity injuries with less pain and less impact
- Improve mobility, strength and safety for those with neurological conditions
- Provide a safe way to lose weight and exercise more intensively while unweighted
- Train without pain and reduce the stress to joints and muscles
- Recover effectively and with less pain after training or competition
- Whether you’re a patient or an athlete dealing with lower body injuries such as Grade III sprain, Achilles Tendon, Anterior Cruciate Ligament Injury (ACL) or Acute Lumbar Disc herniation or suffer with chronic pain or neurological conditions that inhibit mobility, you can benefit from the unweighting capabilities.
It uses NASA technology to reduce weight going through the body allowing patients to work on the treadmill without bearing full weight on lower body injuries or surgical areas.
Accessing private healthcare is easy, whether you choose to pay directly or use private medical insurance.
If you are paying for yourself, we can usually offer an upfront cost which you can then choose to pay in full or access one of our easy payment options.
If you have insurance, we can arrange direct settlement with your insurance provider, although you should check in advance to see if your treatment is covered. For more information, visit our private medical insurance page.