COVID-19 Remote Consultations Update - 7/6/20
Our physiotherapy services remain open for business, and we continue to accept new referrals - you do not need to have seen your GP or a Consultant to refer yourself for Physiotherapy.
However, the safety of patients and our staff is of paramount importance to us, so we continue to operate a ‘Virtual first’ approach, as recommended by the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP).
For full details on how BMI is keeping its Physiotherapy patients safe
Call us on 0800 404 6660 to arrange your appointment
Physiotherapy appointments from £54
- No GP referral required.
- Appointments usually available within 48 hours.
- Follow up appointments available from £42
- Call us on 0800 404 6660
Physiotherapy can help with a wide range of injuries and conditions including back and neck pain, repetitive strain injuries, joint pain and arthritis, muscle injuries, post surgery rehabilitation, and sports injuries. There are also physiotherapists that specialise in Women’s Health, acupuncture, pilates or hydrotherapy.
Your first visit will involve an assessment of your condition so that a treatment programme can be specifically developed for you. We offer a wide range of therapies that are often used in combination in a treatment programme.
All BMI physiotherapists are registered with the Chartered Society of Physiotherapists and work closely as part of our integrated multi-disciplinary teams within our hospitals so that if necessary, you can benefit from fast referrals and access to the latest imaging technologies to help accurately diagnose and aid treatment pathway decisions.
At BMI The Duchy Hospital we offer the following services:
- Acupuncture physiotherapy – can be used on its own or in combination with physiotherapy to help treat a range of musculoskeletal conditions.
- Hand therapy - hand therapy provides assessment and holistic rehabilitation for patients with a hand or upper limb injury or condition. The treatment is tailored to your needs and focuses on helping you get back to the day to day activities that you enjoy.
- Pelvic health rehabilitation - pelvic health physiotherapists are specially trained to assess and treat a range of conditions that can cause pelvic problems, such as incontinence of the bladder or bowel, or pelvic pain.
- Physiotherapy for sports injuries - the diagnosis and treatment of muscle, joint and nerve problems caused by practicing a sport or exercising, including muscle imbalances, joint pain and post-fracture rehabilitation.
- Pilates - a form of exercise that may improve balance, strength, posture, flexibility and circulation. It focuses on strengthening the core abdominal and back muscles.
- Rehabilitation service - aims to improve function after surgery or injuries including fractures, accidents, chronic spinal conditions, strokes, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, cranial surgery and cardiac surgery.
- Respiratory physiotherapy- relates to the assessment and treatment of people with disorders of the respiratory system.
Our physiotherapy department has three private treatment rooms and includes a gym.
All BMI physiotherapists work closely as part of our integrated multi-disciplinary teams within our hospitals so that, if necessary, you can benefit from fast referrals and access to the latest imaging technologies to help accurately diagnose and aid treatment pathway decisions. We provide on-site access to diagnostic imaging services which may include ultrasound, x-ray, MRI and CT scans.
The purpose-built physio-gyms at our hospitals let our physiotherapists work with you to provide expert advice and develop an exercise programme which meets your specific needs. Exercise forms an important part of physiotherapy. The aim is to increase mobility, muscle strength, and general fitness, build core stability, and reduce symptoms.
Services include personal training, customised rehabilitation.
Our gym includes:
- Free weights
If we cannot help you with physiotherapy, we can quickly refer you to our Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeons who can deal with keyhole joint surgery, repair of ligament injuries, treatment of fractures and repair of tendon and nerve injuries.
Prices and Bookings
Physiotherapy can help you recover following injury, surgery or illness. At BMI you will receive first class treatment at an affordable price. You can make an appointment directly with a physiotherapist or you can ask your GP to refer you if you prefer.
Physiotherapy may be covered by your medical insurance. You will need to check your cover with your insurer first and you may need a GP referral. Alternatively, you can pay for your treatment by cash, debit or credit card.