We are pleased to offer enhanced physiotherapy rehabilitation with the AlterG® Anti-gravity Treadmill®
The treadmill uses NASA technology to reduce weight going through the body from between 20 - 100% of body weight allowing patients to work on the treadmill without bearing full weight on lower body injuries or surgical areas.
The benefits include:
- Rehabilitation with less stress to joints and muscles, without the need for crutches for protection
- Enhanced rehabilitation for joint replacement patients, who use the treadmill shortly after surgery to aid movement and promote protected loading of joints
- Patients with some long term conditions can see benefits with walking that they find hard with normal gravity
Conditions that are likely to respond well to physiotherapy incorporating the AlterG®Anti-gravity Treadmill® include:
- Knee and hip arthritis
- Sports injuries
- Foot and ankle pain
- Neurological conditions - including MS and Parkinson's Disease
- Weight control and reduction
- Strengthening conditions for older patients
Physiotherapy sessions including AlterG®Anti-gravity Treadmill® are competitively priced and include an initial physiotherapy session. Sessions could also be covered by insurance companies with a referral letter.
Packages and prices:
- Initial 45 minute assessment - £65.00
- 5 x 30 minute follow up appointments: £100
If more in-depth training or supervision is required, a follow up session would be advised at £40 per 30 minutes. All packages are to be paid for in advance and completed over a 3-6 month period. Minimum time per session is 30 minutes and can be booked in 15 minute blocks thereafter if more time is required.
Paying for treatment
- All patients are welcome – whether they choose to pay directly for their treatment or by using their private medical insurance
- We arrange direct settlement with insurance companies, but patients should pre-check their level of cover
- For self-paying patients we accept a number of payment methods including the BMI Card
Please call 0121 452 2810 for more information on physiotherapy treatments available at BMI The Edgbaston Hospital, including self-pay pricing. Alternatively, you can make an online enquiry.