The BMI Edgbaston physiotherapy team
Physiotherapy is a proven and evidence based approach in treating a wide range of injuries and conditions including back and neck pain, repetitive strain injuries, joint pain and arthritis, muscle injuries, post surgery rehabilitation, and sports injuries. There are also physiotherapists that specialise in Women's Health, Acupuncture and Pilates. We offer a range of appointment times and can normally book patients in within 24-48 hours of their initial request and offer competitive prices.
- Your first musculoskeletal (MSK) initial assessment will cost £54 and a follow-up appointment costs £42
- Specialist services such as hand therapy, men’s and women’s health and respiratory physiotherapy cost £70 for an initial assessment and £50 for a follow-up appointment
One of our Physio’s – Ross with a happy patient
Our physiotherapy team consists of highly skilled chartered physiotherapists with extensive experience in many settings of healthcare. Our Physio's work closely as part of our integrated multi-disciplinary teams within our hospital so that if necessary, you can benefit from fast referrals and access to the latest imaging technologies to help accurately diagnose and aid treatment pathway decisions.
We have clinics at both BMI The Priory and BMI The Edgbaston Hospitals as well as Ashfurlong Medical Centre in Sutton Coldfield.
Your first visit will involve an assessment of your condition so that a treatment programme can be specifically developed for you. We offer a wide range of therapies that are often used in combination in a treatment programme.
At BMI The Edgbaston we offer the following services:
Women's and Men's Health Services
The women's and men's health specialist service covers assessment and treatment for gynaecology and urology, antenatal and postnatal mothers and post-operative patients. Treatments include:
- Pelvic floor re-training and exercises with provision of pelvic floor educator
- Pilates based pelvic stability exercises
- Assessment and treatment of any lower back of pelvic pain
- Bladder and bowel retraining
If we cannot help you with physiotherapy, we can quickly refer you to one of our specialist Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeons who can discuss alternative options for treatment.
Paying for treatment
- All patients are welcome – whether they choose to pay directly for their treatment or by using their private medical insurance
- We arrange direct settlement with insurance companies, but patients should pre-check their level of cover
- For self-paying patients we accept a number of payment methods including the BMI Card
You may book an appointment by calling 0121 456 2000. Alternatively, you can enquire online.