Covid 19 update - Remote Consultations
At BMI Healthcare we want you to know that we are still here for you during the lock down. We may be unable to offer face-to-face support for patients at this time, but we are now able to offer telephone or video consultations, so we can continue to provide advice and exercises to help treat your condition. Our prices have been reduced during this time.
Call us on 0800 404 6660 to arrange your appointment
At BMI The Hampshire Clinic, we offer private physiotherapy to patients based in Basingstoke, Hampshire or Newbury.
Physiotherapy can help with a wide range of injuries and conditions including back and neck pain, repetitive strain injuries, joint pain and arthritis, muscle injuries, post-surgery rehabilitation, and sports injuries.
There are also physiotherapists that specialise in women’s health, acupuncture, Pilates, hand therapy and hydrotherapy.
Private Physiotherapy in Basingstoke
Your first visit will involve an assessment of your condition so that a treatment programme can be specifically developed for you. We offer a wide range of therapies that are often used in combination in a treatment programme.
All BMI physiotherapists are registered with the Chartered Society of Physiotherapists (CSP) and Health Professions Council (HPC) and work closely as part of our integrated multi-disciplinary teams within our hospitals so that if necessary, you can benefit from fast referrals and access to the latest imaging technologies to help accurately diagnose and aid treatment pathway decisions.
Integrated Private Care in Basingstoke
We aim to offer you an appointment within 48 hours of receiving a referral. Referrals may be from your GP, Consultant or from another Health Care Practitioner. You may also self-refer to the department but please be aware that several of the major insurance companies require a GP referral.
In your consultation with us the physiotherapist will assess the nature and site of your problem and will relate it to your whole person and its effect on your lifestyle.
After full consultation with you and where appropriate your doctor, the physiotherapist will suggest the best form of treatment.
- Private Physiotherapy Facilities in Basingstoke
Private Physiotherapy Facilities in Basingstoke
Our Physiotherapy and Hydrotherapy complex is a purpose built facility. It has seven private treatment rooms and includes a modern and well-equipped air-conditioned gym and dedicated large hydrotherapy pool.
- Gym equipment
- Free weights
The purpose-built modern and air-conditioned physio-gym enables our physiotherapists to work with you to provide expert advice and develop an exercise programme which meets your specific needs.
- Private Physiotherapy Services offered in Basingstoke
Private Physiotherapy Services offered in Basingstoke
At BMI The Hampshire Clinic we offer the following services:
- Acupuncture physiotherapy – can be used on its own or in combination with physiotherapy to help treat a range of musculoskeletal conditions.
- Bracing - you may benefit from bracing if you have been suffering with painful joints, stability issues or have ongoing pain. Braces can also help with rehabilitation and returning to sport.
- Chronic pain management - if you have had persistent or long standing pain that has failed to respond to previous treatments, then it would be helpful to consult a physiotherapist. This type of physiotherapy has been shown to assist patients with coping strategies that can help improve quality of life.
- Hand therapy - provides assessment and holistic rehabilitation for patients with a hand or upper limb injury or condition. The treatment is tailored to your needs and focuses on helping you get back to the day to day activities that you enjoy.
- Hydrotherapy - also known as aquatic therapy, is physiotherapy performed in a warm water pool. The effects of the water and warm temperature can help to reduce pain and provide support to aid your rehabilitation.
- Injection therapy - the injection of steroid (corticosteroid) medications into painful joints or soft tissues to reduce pain and inflammation in that area.
- Isokinetic testing - a strength test for the muscles around the knee. It’s used to compare the strength of the affected knee against the unaffected leg.
- Nerve conduction studies - are used to test the electrical activity through the nerves in the arms and legs. This test is most commonly used to diagnosis carpal tunnel syndrome in the hand.
- Occupational health - physiotherapists who work in occupational health help to treat work-related problems, as well as educating employers and staff on safe working practices to help avoid injury.
- Pelvic health rehabilitation - pelvic health physiotherapists are specially trained to assess and treat a range of conditions that can cause pelvic problems, such as incontinence of the bladder or bowel, or pelvic pain.
- Physiotherapy for sports injuries - the diagnosis and treatment of muscle, joint and nerve problems caused by practicing a sport or exercising, including muscle imbalances, joint pain and post-fracture rehabilitation.
- Pilates - a form of exercise that may improve balance, strength, posture, flexibility and circulation. It focuses on strengthening the core abdominal and back muscles.
- Respiratory physiotherapy- relates to the assessment and treatment of people with disorders of the respiratory system. Physiotherapy is focused on maximising physical function and helping you manage symptoms.
Accessing private healthcare is easy, whether you choose to pay directly or use private medical insurance.
If you are paying for yourself, we can usually offer an upfront cost which you can then choose to pay in full or access one of our easy payment options.
If you have insurance, we can arrange direct settlement with your insurance provider, although you should check in advance to see if your treatment is covered. For more information, visit our private medical insurance page.