Our diagnostic imaging department offers fast access to investigations for patients that live in Poole, Bournemouth, Dorset and the surrounding areas.
Private CT, MRI, Ultrasound and X-ray in Poole
We offer the following services within the department, which is staffed with clinical professionals who support our team of vastly experienced radiologists and radiographers.
- Private CT, MRI, Ultrasound and X-ray Services offered in Poole
Private CT, MRI, Ultrasound and X-ray Services offered in Poole
Private General X-rays and Fluoroscopy in Poole
- The department uses general x-ray units which can perform a wide range of examinations, including orthopaedics and spinal.
- We also have a fluoroscopy unit which allows us to carry out hip blocks, x-ray guided steroid injections, barium studies and PICC line insertions for our oncology patients.
- We can also undertake transit studies.
Private MRI Scanning in Poole
- Our Siemens 1.5T MRI scanner produces high quality resolution scans in 20-40 minutes (depending on which part of the body is being scanned).
Private CT Scanning in Poole
- Our CT scanner offers a wide range of examinations, using the 360 slice CT scanner.
- This equipment provides patients with a faster scan and a lower dose of radiation, leading to a safer and far more comfortable experience overall.
Private Ultrasound in Poole
- We have an Ultrasound scan machine with colour flow Doppler. Direct referrals from GPs are accepted.
Private Breast Imaging in Poole
- Our Breast Radiologists perform all examinations along with our Radiographers who work cohesively with our Consultant Breast Surgeons and Breast Care Nurses, ensuring you receive the highest standard of compassion and care.
- On limited days we can offer a mammogram service with results provided by our specialist radiologist following your examination.
- We also undertake breast fine needle aspirations and biopsies under ultrasound guidance.
- We accept non-symptomatic breast screening self-referrals - you must be over 40 with a registered UK GP and must not have had a mammogram within the last 12 months.
Private Nuclear Medicine in Poole
- Although The Harbour Hospital does not offer services related to nuclear medicine, we are able to send patients to Poole Hospital to receive this treatment under private care.
- Imaging: Monday - Friday: 8am - 6pm
- CT/MRI Scanning: Monday – Thursday: 8am – 6pm, Friday: 8am – 7pm
How to make an appointment:
- Most appointments are available within 24 hours, and we accept direct referrals from GPs.
- Please check this page for any updates on our services offered.
Accessing private healthcare is easy, whether you choose to pay directly or use private medical insurance.
If you are paying for yourself, we can usually offer an upfront cost which you can then choose to pay in full or access one of our easy payment options.
If you have insurance, we can arrange direct settlement with your insurance provider, although you should check in advance to see if your treatment is covered. For more information, visit our private medical insurance page.