At The BMI Harbour Hospital, we offer private physiotherapy to patients based in Poole, Bournemouth, Dorset and the surrounding areas.
Our team of Chartered Physiotherapists can help with a wide range of injuries and conditions including sports injuries, back and neck pain, joint pains and rehabilitation after surgery.
We are part of a multi-disciplinary team and work closely alongside consultants within our hospital so you can benefit from fast referrals and rapid access to the latest imaging technologies.
As well as offering specialist physiotherapy treatment for a range of joint and muscle problems, we have a Clinical Specialist Hand Therapist who works closely with our upper limb consultants.
Excellence in orthopaedic rehabilitation and recovery
Our physiotherapists are experts in musculoskeletal rehabilitation, using highly effective rehabilitation equipment and techniques to aid your recovery from injury and surgery. Our team will guide you through the stages of your recovery whilst working closely with the orthopaedic consultants as and when required.
"It has given me pleasure to see the department grow over the last few years. Our patients give us really positive feedback and it is great to see them achieving their goals and getting back to activities that they enjoy. We find that patients often return with different problems or recommend other patients to come here, so we feel that we do a good job!"
Jonathan Swan, Head of Physiotherapy
Private Physiotherapy in Poole
- Private Physiotherapy Treatments available in Poole
Private Physiotherapy Treatments available in Poole
- Acupuncture physiotherapy - can be used on its own or in combination with physiotherapy to help treat a range of musculoskeletal conditions.
- AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill® - the AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill® is used to reduce stress on injuries and joints in the lower body.
- Bracing - you may benefit from bracing if you have been suffering with painful joints, stability issues or have ongoing pain. Braces can also help with rehabilitation and returning to sport.
- Gait analysis – is the assessment of the lower limb biomechanics, e.g. how you stand, walk or run, to help identify problems in your legs, hips or even your back. It can help prevent painful conditions developing or recurring.
- Hand therapy - provides assessment and holistic rehabilitation for patients with a hand or upper limb injury or condition. The treatment is tailored to your needs and focuses on helping you get back to the day-to-day activities that you enjoy.
- Occupational health - physiotherapists who work in occupational health help to treat work-related problems, as well as educating employers and staff on safe working practices to help avoid injury.
- Pelvic health rehabilitation - pelvic health physiotherapists are specially trained to assess and treat a range of conditions that can cause pelvic problems, such as incontinence of the bladder or bowel, or pelvic pain.
- Physiotherapy for sports injuries - the diagnosis and treatment of muscle, joint and nerve problems caused by practicing a sport or exercising, including muscle imbalances, joint pain and post-fracture rehabilitation. The aim is to get you back to sport as soon as possible.
- Pilates - a form of exercise that may improve balance, strength, posture, flexibility and circulation. It focuses on strengthening the core abdominal and back muscles.
- Respiratory physiotherapy- relates to the assessment and treatment of people with disorders of the respiratory system. Physiotherapy is focused on maximising physical function and helping you manage symptoms.
- Shockwave Therapy – also known as Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy (ESWT), it is used to treat chronic tendon problems, painful heel, pain in the Achilles tendon and some calcific tendons. The body often responds very well to Shockwave Therapy when other measures have not resolved the problem.
- Sprains & Strains package – Our physiotherapy team are able to see you quickly to assess an injury or ongoing pain. For the price of just £49 our team will advise on the management of your condition, refer you on for discounted imaging or arrange a Consultant appointment if required.
- Private Gym Equipment
Private Gym Equipment
- Watt Bike
- TRX exercise system
- Muscle Stimulators
- Game Ready Ice Therapy
- Intermittent Compression Cryocuff
- Alter G Treadmill with Stride Smart Analysis
Physiotherapy sessions including the AlterG® Anti-gravity Treadmill® are competitively priced for self pay patients and include an initial physiotherapy assessment session.
Sessions will also be covered by insurance companies with a referral letter from your GP or consultant.
- Private Hand therapy in Poole
Private Hand therapy in Poole
Hand therapy specialists at The Harbour Hospital provide assessment and holistic rehabilitation for patients who have a hand or arm condition.
The treatment is tailored to suit the individual and focuses on returning the patient to an optimal level of functional activity. Treatment may include specialist splinting, scar management, exercises and manual techniques.
For patients with simple wrist fractures and hand problems we now use the Exos bracing system. This system is an excellent lightweight alternative to plaster cast.
Simi Padmanabhan is our Hand Therapists who will be pleased to assess and treat your condition.
- Private Workplace Physiotherapy and Assessment in Poole
Private Workplace Physiotherapy and Assessment in Poole
Ergonomics is the discipline concerned with fitting people to their environment in order to minimise stresses on the body.
It may involve a work station assessment and advice concerning seating, posture and ergonomic aids.
Our Senior Physiotherapist Gillian Jenkins has post graduate training in occupational health and is happy to go into workplaces to assess the environment and workstation aiming to help minimise the risk of injury and help if staff have problems with pain.
Prices and Bookings
When you consult a physiotherapist, you get a detailed examination and assessment which is individually tailored to your needs.
The conclusions from this session form a plan of treatment and can be used to predict how much treatment you might need and how much improvement you can expect to achieve. We offer a wide range of therapies that are often used in combination in a treatment programme.
At BMI The Harbour Hospital you can self-refer for physiotherapy without having seen your GP, we offer competitive self-pay packages and a tailored program to suit your needs.
Accessing private healthcare is easy, whether you choose to pay directly or use private medical insurance.
If you are paying for yourself, we can usually offer an upfront cost which you can then choose to pay in full or access one of our easy payment options.
If you have insurance, we can arrange direct settlement with your insurance provider, although you should check in advance to see if your treatment is covered. For more information, visit our private medical insurance page.