Our diagnostic imaging department at BMI The Lincoln Hospital, Lincolnshire offers a wide range of diagnostic tests and imaging examinations.
All imaging is processed using electronic technology known as CR (Computed Radiography) and PACS (Picture Archiving and Communication System) which enables fast, electronic display of all images and reports.
At BMI The Lincoln Hospital we use diagnostic imaging equipment that includes a wide bore 1.5T MRI scanner, ultrasound and a mobile 64-slice CT scanner (available every other Tuesday).
The diagnostic imaging department at BMI The Lincoln Hospital offers the full range of routine and specialist services including:
The benefits to our patients include:
- Dedicated and knowledgeable radiographers and administrative staff able to advise and support patients through the whole imaging pathway
- Specialist consultant radiologists with specific areas of expertise
- A wide bore MRI scanner that offers increased comfort for patients and improved high-quality imaging
- Quick turnaround on scans and results
- Ease of access – shorter waiting times (in some cases procedures can be done the same day/as part of a one stop clinic)
Booking an appointment
Our Diagnostic Imaging department is open Mon-Fri: 8.30am - 18.00pm and operates a 24/7 on-call service for inpatients.
Appointments can be booked directly by patients, medical practitioners or secretaries. A written request/referral by a medical practitioner is required for all imaging services. Some appointments are available within 24 hours.
We have flexible payment options available that may be of help in allowing you to make a decision regarding your surgery, including the BMI Card.
To find out more about our Diagnostic Imaging service or to book an appointment at BMI The Lincoln Hospital, Lincolnshire please call 01522 574709 or alternatively, please make an online enquiry.