We are able to assist all international patients with, the referral process including clinical opinions, cost estimates for treatment, accommodation and local travel arrangements.
We also provide interpreting services across a number of languages including, Arabic, Russian, Greek, Mandarin and Cantonese. In addition, the clinical and support teams at the hospital all receive cultural awareness training in order to provide the appropriate levels of care for such patients.
In line with its international reputation, the hospital has made significant enhancements to offer a more tailored service that meets cultural needs and delivers a premium experience for this discerning market, including:
- Complimentary private car transfers for all government/corporate sponsored patients
- End-to-end case management via our dedicated international liaison team
- Complimentary interpreter services as listed above
- Complimentary companion accommodation
- Multi-faith prayer room
- International television channels and complimentary Wifi
- Premium dining – enhanced menus tailored to different nationalities
BMI The London Independent Hospital has been treating patients at the highest levels of complexity for over 30 years and is well equipped to meet the demands of patients seeking internationally renowned expertise.
Our facilities include:
The hospital covers complex treatments and procedures across a range of specialties, many of which attract international referrals including:
- Advanced on-site imaging centre, including cardiac CT, MRI and nuclear imaging
- 3 operating theatres
- Intensive care unit, including private rooms
- Endoscopy suite
- Newly renovated en-suite bedrooms
- Cardiology and cardiac surgery
- Renal transplant and dialysis access
- Colorectal surgery and gastroenterology
- Internal medicine
- Vascular surgery
Whether patients are being funded by their government, international medical insurance or are paying for their own treatment in the UK, they will be supported by our highly trained international patient co-coordinators, consultants, nurses and other hospital staff.
From initial contact, right through to discharge, our experienced, caring team manage the entire patient journey. After leaving us, we extend our services when patients return to their home countries and remain in contact to provide any advice if necessary.
Find out more about the international service at BMI The London Independent Hospital in the video below.
Direct admissions from overseas
BMI The London Independent Hospital regularly receives urgent referrals for critically ill patients at the highest levels of complexity, including international emergency medical evacuations and transfers from hospitals around the world.
As an experienced provider of acute direct admission services, our team is able to mobilise multiple specialist consultants and hospital critical care teams at short notice, and respond to the demands associated with this type of referral.
We provide bespoke case management for such referrals, whether government sponsored, insured or self-pay. Working closely with all major air ambulance providers and ground services, we ensure a streamlined journey into our Critical Care Unit. Our level 3 Critical Care Facility is equipped with isolation pods to safely accommodate patients with potential infection risk and our units are run by a 24/7 team of specialist intensive care consultants.
We are able to accept direct admissions for patients across a number of areas, including:
If you’d like to book an appointment for our international service at BMI The London Independent Hospital, please call 020 7780 2400 or make an online enquiry. You can also find out more about our international services, here.
- Trauma (e.g. road traffic accidents, injuries from conflict and workplace accidents)
- Neurologically compromised patients
- Complex medical (including renal failure)
- Weaning from mechanical ventilation