Need physiotherapy? Why not book an appointment at BMI The London Independent Hospital?
- 5 new physiotherapy private consultation rooms
- Expert senior physiotherapists who provide individual specialised care
- Open plan gym
- No need to wait for your GP to refer you – you can make an appointment directly with a BMI physiotherapist
- Appointments available at short notice, please call for availability
Your first physiotherapy visit at BMI The London Independent Hospital will involve an assessment of your condition so that a treatment programme can be specifically developed for you. We offer a wide range of therapies that are often used in combination in a treatment programme.
All BMI physiotherapists are registered with the Chartered Society of Physiotherapists and work closely as part of our integrated multi-disciplinary teams within our hospitals so that if necessary, you can benefit from fast referrals and access to the latest imaging technologies to help accurately diagnose and aid treatment pathway decisions.
At BMI The London Independent Hospital we offer the following services:
- Acupunture - acupuncture can be used on its own or in combination with physiotherapy to help treat a range of musculoskeletal conditions.
- Bracing - you may benefit from bracing if you have been suffering with painful joints or stability issues. Braces can also help with rehabilitation and returning to sport.
- Hand therapy - assessment and holistic rehabilitation for patients with a hand or upper limb injury or condition, including arthritis, carpal tunnel, tendonitis, repetitive strain, trigger finger or soft tissues injuries or fractures.
- Pelvic health rehabilitation - treats a range of conditions that can cause pelvic problems, such as incontinence of the bladder or bowel, or pelvic pain.
- Physiotherapy for sports injuries - the diagnosis and treatment of muscle, joint and nerve problems caused by practicing a sport or exercising, including muscle imbalances, joint pain and post-fracture rehabilitation. The aim is to get you back to sport as soon as possible.
- Respiratory physiotherapy - used to manage symptoms related to disorders of the lungs, such as asthma, chronic bronchitis, emphysema, cystic fibrosis and bronchiectasis.
- Shockwave therapy - also known as Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy (ESWT), it is used to treat chronic tendon problems, such as shoulder pain, painful heel, tennis elbow or pain in the Achilles tendon.
- Vestibular rehabilitation - consists of exercises designed to retrain the balance system with a goal to gradually reduce the severity of your symptoms.
Please see the video below for more information about the new non-invasive procedure treatment, EXOS reformable and waterproof bracing system. It is used to treat conditions such as shoulder pain, tennis elbow or pain in the Achilles tendon.
All BMI physiotherapists work closely as part of our integrated multi-disciplinary teams within our hospitals so that, if necessary, you can benefit from fast referrals and access to the latest imaging technologies to help accurately diagnose and aid treatment pathway decisions. We provide on-site access to diagnostic imaging services which may include ultrasound, x-ray, MRI and CT scans.
Our physiotherapy department has five private treatment rooms and includes a gym.
The purpose-built physio-gyms at our hospitals let our physiotherapists work with you to provide expert advice and develop an exercise programme which meets your specific needs. Exercise forms an important part of physiotherapy. The aim is to increase mobility, muscle strength, and general fitness, build core stability, and reduce symptoms.
Services include personal training, customised rehabilitation. We have a range of equipment for strengthening, proprioception and sports specific conditioning.
Our gym includes:
- Free weights
- Cross trainer
- Leg press
If we cannot help you with physiotherapy, we can quickly refer you to our Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeons who can deal with keyhole joint surgery, repair of ligament injuries, treatment of fractures and repair of tendon and nerve injuries.