Our private dermatology clinic at BMI The London Independent Hospital, is a specialist skin service dedicated to help you manage the health and wellbeing of your skin, hair, and nails, if you are based in Enfield, Highgate and Bromley.
Private Dermatology Clinic in East London
On your visit to BMI The London Independent Hospital, we will ensure rapid access appointments with your choice of experienced consultants, who will thoroughly discuss your diagnosis and most appropriate course of treatment.
Our aim at the London Independent is to provide you with the highest standard of care and empower your return to good health and a normal level of activity.
Common complaints our patients present with include: severe acne, alopecia, contact allergies, eczema, psoriasis, warts, fungal infections.
If you experience any of the following, we recommend you make an appointment with our consultants:
- Changes to your skin (including size, shape or colour of moles)
- You suffer from bad acne and your OTC medication isn't working
- Ongoing rashes or skin irritations
- Abnormal skin discolourations that change, don't go away, or bleed
- You suffer from a non-healing condition such as psoriasis, rosacea or chronic seborrhoea
- Private Skin Treatments offered in East London
Private Skin Treatments offered in East London
Skin Lesion Removal
- Minor surgical removal is a treatment option if you have skin lesions such as cysts, lipomata, skin tags and moles.
- Local anaesthetic is used and the 25-minute procedure involves a simple incision to retrieve the lesion tissue, you can return home that day and to work the following day.
- This simple procedure is carried out to obtain a sample of skin for diagnostic testing.
- The area is numbed with local anaesthetic, and the sample is obtained in different manners depending on the condition: shaving a thin layer of skin, punching a very small core of the skin layers, or cutting away a small portion of tissue with a scalpel.
- You may return home that day and will experience some soreness for a few days.
- Although some moles can be left as they are, your consultant dermatologist will advise if removal is necessary especially where the mole changes in form.
- Taking no more than 25 minutes, with local anaesthetic to the site, your consultant will make a cut all the way around the mole to remove it.
- Steri-strips or minor stitching may be used.
Removal of Lipoma
- Lipomas are small swellings of fatty tissue underneath the surface of your skin, commonly found on the upper body in adults.
- They are benign (harmless) and rarely cause discomfort, but we find patients often prefer to have them removed anyway for aesthetic reasons.
- Detection is by ultrasound and removal is simple excision under local anaesthetic. You should be able to return home later that day.
Accessing private healthcare is easy, whether you choose to pay directly or use private medical insurance.
If you are paying for yourself, we can usually offer an upfront cost which you can then choose to pay in full or access one of our easy payment options.
If you have insurance, we can arrange direct settlement with your insurance provider, although you should check in advance to see if your treatment is covered. For more information, visit our private medical insurance page.