The Care Quality Commission, the independent regulator which inspects NHS and independent healthcare providers, has published an assessment report for BMI The Manor Hospital following visits in April and June 2018.
We are delighted to have been awarded good overall on our CQC report. The result shows the hard work and dedication put in by the entire team at the hospital.
Information from the CQC describes that they rated this hospital as good overall because:
- There were systems in place to keep patients safe, including the reporting and investigation of incidents. Learning from incidents was cascaded to all staff.
- Staffing levels were sufficient to meet the needs of patients and there was an effective multidisciplinary approach to care and treatment. Staff worked well together to benefit patients.
- Staff were proud of the hospital and were committed to providing the best possible care for their patients. We observed positive interactions between staff and patients. All patients spoke highly of the care they had received.
- The hospital was focused on providing quality care and had a defined strategy, which was aligned to its vision. Staff were committed to providing a positive patient experience.
- There were effective governance structures in place to ensure that risk and quality were regularly reviewed and actions were taken to address performance issues, where indicated.
- There was a comprehensive complaints management process with a culture of being open and honest with patients. There was a complaints policy and complaints were taken seriously, investigated and learning was shared with staff.
- When things went wrong, staff apologised and gave patients honest information and suitable support.
- Patients’ views and experiences were gathered and acted on to shape and improve the services and culture.
- Staff ensured that patients’ privacy and dignity was maintained at all times.
I am very proud of the work put in by the entire team at the hospital and would like to thank our patients and visitors for the positive feedback they have provided to us and the CQC. Going forward we are also reviewing some practices to ensure that we are always effective after advice from the CQC suggested improvements in this area.
More information can be found on the report at www.cqc.org.uk