At BMI The Manor Hospital, we offer private oral and maxillofacial services to patients who live in Bedford, Huntingdon or St Neots.
Oral and maxillofacial surgery are specialist surgical fields concerned with the diagnosis and treatment of diseases affecting the teeth, mouth, jaws, face and neck.
The surgeons in this field also work with dentists and speech therapists in performing corrective surgery in malformed mouths and jaws.
Our consultants include:
Private Oral and Maxillofacial Treatments in Bedford
The Oral Maxillofacial Surgery services available at BMI The Manor Hospital include:
- Adult and Paediatric Oral Surgery
- Surgical removal of wisdom teeth, buried roots and other impacted teeth
- Surgical exposure or removal of buried canine teeth
- Treatment of cysts and tumours of the jaws
- Screening for Oral Cancer
- Treatment of lesions of the lip, mouth, palate and tongue, including biopsy
- Management of problems affecting the oral mucosa such as white patches, mouth ulcers and sore mouth
- Treatment of salivary gland problems including stones and mucous cysts
- Treatment of facial injuries including fractures of the jaw and zygoma (cheek bone)
- Management of temporomandibular joint (jaw joint) disorders
- Investigation and treatment of facial pain
- Surgery to correct dental and orthognathic discrepancies (facial deformity surgery)
- Bone grafting
Your surgeon will assess your symptoms and give you a specialist opinion on the most appropriate treatment for you where surgery is required the type of Oral Maxillofacial surgery you receive will depend on your condition.
If further diagnostic tests or treatment are required, these will be explained fully during your consultation.
Accessing private healthcare is easy, whether you choose to pay directly or use private medical insurance.
If you are paying for yourself, we can usually offer an upfront cost which you can then choose to pay in full or access one of our easy payment options.
If you have insurance, we can arrange direct settlement with your insurance provider, although you should check in advance to see if your treatment is covered. For more information, visit our private medical insurance page.