By choosing BMI The Meriden Hospital, you’ll have access to our experienced team of chartered physiotherapists. All our physiotherapists are registered with the Health and Care Professions Council, so you can feel confident you’re in good hands.
At BMI The Meriden Hospital, we offer physiotherapy to help treat a number of conditions and injuries. From joint pain and arthritis to back and neck pain, repetitive strain injuries, sports injuries and post-surgery rehabilitation, our goal is always to help you get back on track as quickly and efficiently as possible.
We also have physiotherapists that specialise in men’s and women’s health, vestibular rehabilitation, Pilates, lymphoedema management and acupuncture.
We focus your rehabilitation around the goals you want to achieve, which is why we provide tailored treatment to suit your individual needs.
At BMI Meriden Hospital we offer the following services:
- Acupuncture physiotherapy - acupuncture can be used on its own or in combination with physiotherapy to help treat a range of musculoskeletal conditions.
- Bracing- you may benefit from bracing if you have been suffering with painful joints, stability issues or have ongoing pain. Braces can also help with rehabilitation and returning to sport.
- Chronic pain management - if you have had persistent or long standing pain that has failed to respond to previous treatments, then it would be helpful to consult a physiotherapist. This type of physiotherapy has been shown to assist patients with coping strategies that can help improve quality of life.
- Gait analysis - is the assessment of the lower limb biomechanics, e.g. how you stand, walk or run, to help identify problems in your legs, hips or even your back. It can help prevent painful conditions from developing or recurring.
- Hand therapy - provides assessment and holistic rehabilitation for patients with a hand or upper limb injury or condition. The treatment is tailored to your needs and focuses on helping you get back to the day-to-day activities that you enjoy.
- Nerve conduction studies - nerve conduction studies are used to test the electrical activity through the nerves in the arms and legs. This test is most commonly used to diagnose carpal tunnel syndrome in the hand.
- Occupational health - physiotherapists who work in occupational health help to treat work-related problems, as well as educating employers and staff on safe working practices to help avoid injury.
- Pelvic health rehabilitation - pelvic health physiotherapists are specially trained to assess and treat a range of conditions that can cause pelvic problems, such as incontinence of the bladder or bowel, or pelvic pain.
- Physiotherapy for sports injuries - the diagnosis and treatment of muscle, joint and nerve problems caused by practicing a sport or exercising, including muscle imbalances, joint pain and post-fracture rehabilitation.
- Pilates - a form of exercise that may improve balance, strength, posture, flexibility and circulation. It focuses on strengthening the core abdominal and back muscles.
- Respiratory physiotherapy- relates to the assessment and treatment of people with disorders of the respiratory system. Physiotherapy is focused on maximising physical function and helping you manage symptoms.
Conditions we treat include:
- Pre-Surgical complaints
- Post-Operative Rehabilitation
- Back & Neck problems
- Nerve pain
- Work & Sport related injuries
- Generalised aches and pains
- Muscle spasms & tears
- Tendon & Ligament injuries
- Upper Limb pain (Shoulder, Elbow, & Wrist)
- Hand Therapy Pre & Post-Operative Rehab
- Lower Limb pain (Hip, Knee, Ankle & Foot
- Women’s & Men’s Health problems
If you need further investigations, we can facilitate a fast referral to one of our consultants at BMI The Meriden.
Payment and Booking
Pay for Yourself
If you are self-paying for your treatment, you can pay by cash, debit or credit card.
Some Private Medical Insurance policies may cover you for Physiotherapy. You are advised to check your individual cover with your insurer first. The insured prices are prior agreed corporately between BMI Healthcare and your insurance provider.