Covid 19 update - Remote Consultations
At BMI Healthcare we want you to know that we are still here for you during the lock down. We may be unable to offer face-to-face support for patients at this time but we are now able to offer telephone or video consultations, so we can continue to provide advice and exercises to help treat your condition. Our prices have been reduced during this time.
Call us on 0800 404 6660 to arrange your appointment
If you are based in Coventry, Nuneaton or Rugby, BMI The Meriden Hospital offers private physiotherapy treatments to help treat a number of conditions and injuries.
By choosing BMI The Meriden Hospital, you'll have access to our experienced team of chartered physiotherapists. All our physiotherapists are registered with the Health and Care Professions Council, so you can feel confident you're in good hands.
From joint pain and arthritis to back and neck pain, repetitive strain injuries, sports injuries and post-surgery rehabilitation, our goal is always to help you get back on track as quickly and efficiently as possible.
We also have physiotherapists that specialise in men's and women's health, vestibular rehabilitation, Pilates, lymphoedema management and acupuncture.
We focus your rehabilitation around the goals you want to achieve, which is why we provide tailored treatment to suit your individual needs.
- Private Physiotherapy Services at BMI Meriden in Coventry
Private Physiotherapy Services at BMI Meriden in Coventry
At BMI Meriden Hospital, we offer the following services:
- Acupuncture physiotherapy - acupuncture can be used on its own or in combination with physiotherapy to help treat a range of musculoskeletal conditions.
- Bracing - you may benefit from bracing if you have been suffering with painful joints, stability issues or have ongoing pain. Braces can also help with rehabilitation and returning to sport.
- Chronic pain management - if you have had persistent or long standing pain that has failed to respond to previous treatments, then it would be helpful to consult a physiotherapist. This type of physiotherapy has been shown to assist patients with coping strategies that can help improve quality of life.
- Extracorporeal shockwave therapy (ESWT) - ESWT involves the use of a medical device to pass shockwaves through the skin to the injured part of the body.
- Gait analysis Footscan and Phits 3D printed insoles - gait analysis is a biomechanical examination where our physiotherapists determine how efficiently your body moves when walking or running.
- Hand therapy - provides assessment and holistic rehabilitation for patients with a hand or upper limb injury or condition. The treatment is tailored to your needs and focuses on helping you get back to the day-to-day activities that you enjoy.
- Nerve conduction studies - nerve conduction studies are used to test the electrical activity through the nerves in the arms and legs. This test is most commonly used to diagnose carpal tunnel syndrome in the hand.
- Occupational health - physiotherapists who work in occupational health help to treat work-related problems, as well as educating employers and staff on safe working practices to help avoid injury.
- Pelvic health rehabilitation - pelvic health physiotherapists are specially trained to assess and treat a range of conditions that can cause pelvic problems, such as incontinence of the bladder or bowel, or pelvic pain.
- Physiotherapy for sports injuries - the diagnosis and treatment of muscle, joint and nerve problems caused by practicing a sport or exercising, including muscle imbalances, joint pain and post-fracture rehabilitation.
- Pilates - a form of exercise that may improve balance, strength, posture, flexibility and circulation. It focuses on strengthening the core abdominal and back muscles.
- Respiratory physiotherapy- relates to the assessment and treatment of people with disorders of the respiratory system. Physiotherapy is focused on maximising physical function and helping you manage symptoms.
- Conditions we treat at BMI The Meriden in Coventry
Conditions we treat at BMI The Meriden in Coventry
- Pre-Surgical complaints
- Post-operative rehabilitation
- Back and neck problems
- Nerve pain
- Work and sport-related injuries
- Generalised aches and pains
- Muscle spasms and tears
- Tendon and ligament injuries
- Upper limb pain (shoulder, elbow and wrist)
- Hand therapy pre and post-operative rehab
- Lower limb pain (hip, knee, ankle & foot)
- Women's and men's health problems
If you need further investigations, we can facilitate a fast referral to one of our consultants at BMI The Meriden in Coventry.
Accessing private healthcare is easy, whether you choose to pay directly or use private medical insurance.
If you are paying for yourself, we can usually offer an upfront cost which you can then choose to pay in full or access one of our easy payment options.
If you have insurance, we can arrange direct settlement with your insurance provider, although you should check in advance to see if your treatment is covered. For more information, visit our private medical insurance page.