The Cardiac Cath Lab is where all specialised invasive cardiac tests and treatments at BMI The Park Hospital are performed.
It is equipped with special imaging equipment in addition to ECG monitoring, and equipment to measure physiological parameters such as blood pressure.
Procedures performed in a Cardiac Cath Lab include diagnostic procedures such as:
- Cardiac catheterisation (or coronary angiograms)
- Right and left heart catheterisation
- Electrophysiological studies (EPS)
These tests will determine the exact nature and mechanism of heart rhythm abnormalities.
Treatments performed in the Cardiac Cath Lab include:
- Percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI/angioplasty; also known as stents)
- Implantation of loop recorders
- Permanent pacemakers
- Defibrillators (ICDs)
- Specialised biventricular pacemakers/defibrillators for heart failure (CRT-D/CRT-P)
- Ablation procedures for heart rhythm abnormalities
- Treatment of heart valves such as TAVI
What type of conditions do we treat?
At the Cardiac Cath Lab, we treat the following conditions:
- Chest pain/Angina
- Heart valve disease
- Heart Failure and breathlessness
- Atrial fibrillation (AF)
- Palpitations and heart rhythm abnormalities
- Syncope (blackouts), POTS
- Pacemakers and Defibrillators (ICD, CRT-D, CRT-P)
- Investigation and management of inherited causes of sudden cardiac death
- High blood pressure, high cholesterol, and cardiovascular risk management
To find out more about our Cardiac Cath Lab at BMI The Park Hospital, please contact us on 0115 966 2000 or alternatively, please complete our online enquiry form and a member of our team will be in touch shortly.