At BMI The Park Hospital, our Private Cardiac Cath Lab is where all specialised invasive cardiac tests and treatments are performed for patients based in Nottingham, Grantham and Newark.
It is equipped with special private imaging equipment in addition to ECG monitoring, and equipment to measure physiological parameters such as blood pressure.
Procedures offered at our Private Cardiac Cath Lab in Nottingham:
- Cardiac catheterisation (or coronary angiograms)
- Right and left heart catheterisation
- Electrophysiological studies (EPS)
These tests will determine the exact nature and mechanism of heart rhythm abnormalities.
Private treatments offered at our Cardiac Cath Lab in Nottingham:
- Percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI/angioplasty; also known as stents)
- Implantation of loop recorders
- Permanent pacemakers
- Defibrillators (ICDs)
- Specialised biventricular pacemakers/defibrillators for heart failure (CRT-D/CRT-P)
- Ablation procedures for heart rhythm abnormalities
- Treatment of heart valves such as TAVI
What type of conditions do we treat at our Private Cardiac Cath Lab in Nottingham?
- Chest pain/Angina
- Heart valve disease
- Heart Failure and breathlessness
- Atrial fibrillation (AF)
- Palpitations and heart rhythm abnormalities
- Syncope (blackouts), POTS
- Pacemakers and Defibrillators (ICD, CRT-D, CRT-P)
- Investigation and management of inherited causes of sudden cardiac death
- High blood pressure, high cholesterol, and cardiovascular risk management
We caught up with Dr Iftikhar Fazal to ask him a few questions about coronary artery disease, covering what the main causes are and how to manage it.
Accessing private healthcare is easy, whether you choose to pay directly or use private medical insurance.
If you are paying for yourself, we can usually offer an upfront cost which you can then choose to pay in full or access one of our easy payment options.
If you have insurance, we can arrange direct settlement with your insurance provider, although you should check in advance to see if your treatment is covered. For more information, visit our private medical insurance page.