We offer a Consultant led Rapid Access Breast Clinic that aims to provide rapid investigation and guides patients from diagnosis through to treatment, including a complete package of care tailored to each patient's individual needs. Where possible, all necessary tests will be carried out in one hospital visit to enable your Consultant to reach a diagnosis and to discuss with you any treatment that may be required.
Do I need a GP referral?
A referral from a GP or a NHS breast centre is necessary if you have private medical insurance, to ensure that all costs are covered.
If you are using our self-pay option, the referral is not required but it is always recommended that you see your GP before beginning any treatment.
- Clinics run Monday to Friday
- Urgent consultations are available upon the discovery of a new breast symptom such as a lump
What does this service include?
You will have up to 30 minutes consultation with a Consultant Breast Surgeon. The Consultant may recommend further investigations and where possible these will be carried out on the same day. We have a team of breast care nurses who will be able to support the service where required.This might include:
- Core Biopsy
BMI Princess Margaret Mammography Machine
What are the benefits of this service?
- We provide rapid access to imaging equipment, including full field digital mammography, high definition ultrasound and MRI
- All Breast Imaging is performed and reported on by a Specialist Breast Consultant Radiologist
- Continuity of care from a dedicated specialist team who bring a personal approach to your care and investigation
- Imaging results are available the same day and biopsy results within 5 days
Our Breast Care Team are a professional multidisciplinary group, working closely together to guide and support our patients.
- Ms Sunita Shrotria, Consultant Breast Surgeon
- Ms Dominika Predolac, Consultant Breast Surgeon
- Mr Maisam Fazel, Consultant Oncoplastic Breast Surgeon
- Mr Manish Kothari, Breast and Oncoplastic Surgeon
- Dr Liz Bellamy, Consultant Radiologist
- Dr Amrita Kumar, Consultant Radiologist
- Dr Margaret Moreland, Consultant Radiologist
- Dr Dimetrios Tzias, Consultant Radiologist
- Jane O’Driscoll, Specialist Breast Care Nurse
- Fiona Devereux, Specialist Breast Care Nurse
Our team provide a personal approach within a modern, well equipped facility ensuring you receive prompt attention and continuity of care.
To make an appointment please call 01753 743260 or 07802 318702. Alternatively you can make an online enquiry here.