The service provided by the Critical Care Unit at BMI The Priory Hospital enables complex surgery to be performed.
The 6-bedded level 3 Critical Care Unit mirrors similar units in the NHS offering a fully staffed team including round the clock consultant and resident intensive care cover.
A consultant intensivist performs two ward rounds a day and is immediately available at all times, 365 days of the year.
Through our team, we are able to offer adult patients 24 hour access to non-invasive and advanced mechanical ventilation, modern continuous haemodynamic monitoring systems and different modalities of renal replacement therapy.
All of our clinicians have dedicated operating theatres to work in, and the latest monitoring, including a central cardiac monitoring system, linked to the Critical Care Unit, and a dedicated multi-disciplinary team which includes:
- Consultant Intensivists
- Crritical Care specialist nurses
- Resident Medical Officers
- Dieticians BMI
We offer specialised care for:
- Patients requiring advanced care following major complex surgical procedures
- Patients with a variety of medical conditions who require complex multi-organ support
- High risk patients undergoing minor/intermediate procedures e.g. patients with sleep apnoea, or complex medical histories
Major complex procedures include:
- Bariatric surgery
- Cardiology & interventional cardiology
- Cardiac surgery
- Complex gynaecological procedures
- ENT – tumour, thyroid, neck
- General surgery (bowel surgery / laparoscopic)
- Oral and maxillofacial surgery
- Renal / urological procedures
- Spinal surgery
- Thoracic surgery
Paying for treatment
- All patients are welcome – whether they choose to pay directly for their treatment or by using their private medical insurance
- We arrange direct settlement with insurance companies, but patients should pre-check their level of cover
- For self-paying patients, we can advise the price in advance of the investigation, and we accept a number of payment methods including the BMI Card
Please call 0121 440 2323 for more information on the critical care unit at BMI The Priory Hospital. Alternatively, you can make an enquiry here.