What is Dietetics?
Dietetics is the study of food science, looking particularly at diet, and nutrition and the affect it has on a person’s overall health and well-being. Registered dieticians work with their patients to create a tailored food plan aimed at improving health, alleviating symptoms of numerous conditions or helping to identify and prevent allergic reactions.
Dietetics at BMI Healthcare
At BMI Saxon Clinic in Milton Keynes, we provide access to a range of dietetics services which begin with a consultation with a qualified dietician.
Our dietician will assess your eating habits and help you form a new eating plan to boost your health and general well-being.
Dieticians support clients to promote better health, reduce risk of chronic diseases and help to manage existing medical conditions through improved diet and lifestyle. Patients considering a dietetic consultation would include:
- Patients with digestive problems, diagnosed irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Patients diagnosed with medical conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, cardiovascular disease, and coeliac disease
- People struggling with weight loss and weight loss maintenance, Patients seeking dietary support as part of weight loss surgical team
- Patients with oral, enteral or parenteral nutrition requirements
- Patients suffering food allergies and intolerances
To book an appointment or find out more information please call us at 01908 665533 or alternatively, you can make an online enquiry.