Covid 19 update - Remote Consultations
At BMI Healthcare we want you to know that we are still here for you during the lock down. We may be unable to offer face-to-face support for patients at this time, but we are now able to offer telephone or video consultations, so we can continue to provide advice and exercises to help treat your condition. Our prices have been reduced during this time.
Call us on 0800 404 6660 to arrange your appointment
At BMI The Saxon Clinic, we offer private physiotherapy services to patients based in Milton Keynes, Buckingham, Leighton Buzzard and Woburn.
Physiotherapy is a proven, evidence based approach in treating musculoskeletal conditions. We offer a range of appointment times between the hours of 07.30 and 20:00 and can normally book patients in within 48 hours of their initial request.
Your first visit will involve an assessment of your condition so that a treatment programme can be specifically developed for you.
Integrated Private Care in Milton Keynes
All BMI physiotherapists are registered with both the Chartered Society of Physiotherapists and Health and Care Professions Council.
They all work closely as part of our integrated multi-disciplinary team within the hospital so that, if necessary, you can benefit from fast referrals to a specialist consultant and access to high quality imaging technology to help accurately diagnose and aid treatment pathway decisions.
We provide on-site access to diagnostic imaging services which may include ultrasound, x-ray, MRI and CT scans*.
- Private Gym
Our purpose-built physio-gym lets our physiotherapists work with you to provide expert advice and develop an exercise programme which meets your specific needs.
Exercise forms an important part of physiotherapy through providing a service of personal training and customised rehabilitation Our aim is to increase mobility, muscle strength, and general fitness, as well as build core stability, and reduce symptoms.
Our private gym equipment includes:
- AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill
- Parallell bars
- Cycling Pedals
- Static Exercise Bikes
- Parallel bars
- Free Weights
- Core stability Gym Balls
- Wobble cushions
- Private Physiotherapy Services in Milton Keynes
Private Physiotherapy Services in Milton Keynes
At BMI The Saxon Clinic we offer the following Private Physiotherapy services in Milton Keynes:
- Acupuncture physiotherapy - can be used on its own or in combination with physiotherapy to help treat a range of musculoskeletal conditions.
- AlterG anti-gravity treadmill - the AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill® is used to reduce stress on injuries and joints in the lower body.
- Bracing - you may benefit from bracing if you have been suffering with painful joints, stability issues or have ongoing pain. Braces can also help with rehabilitation and returning to sport.
- Chronic pain management - if you have had persistent or long-standing pain that has failed to respond to previous treatments, then it would be helpful to consult a physiotherapist. This type of physiotherapy has been shown to assist patients with coping strategies that can help improve quality of life.
- Gait analysis - gait analysis is the assessment of the lower limb biomechanics, e.g. how you stand, walk or run, to help identify problems in your legs, hips or even your back. It can help prevent painful conditions developing or recurring.
- Hand therapy - hand therapy provides assessment and holistic rehabilitation for patients with a hand or upper limb injury or condition. The treatment is tailored to your needs and focuses on helping you
- Occupational therapy - can help you deal with everyday tasks that you may find difficult following illness, surgery or because of a disability. An occupational therapist will work with you to find solutions for everyday tasks, such as preparing food, doing housework, work activities, hobbies or social activities.
- Pelvic health rehabilitation - pelvic health physiotherapists are specially trained to assess and treat a range of conditions that can cause pelvic problems, such as incontinence of the bladder or bowel, or pelvic pain.
- Physiotherapy for cancer treatments - we offer individual assessments and treatment for a wide range of musculoskeletal problems that can occur as a result of your cancer treatment, such as shoulder pain and stiffness after breast surgery, or lower back pain as a result of being less active.
- Physiotherapy for sports injuries - the diagnosis and treatment of muscle, joint and nerve problems caused by practicing a sport or exercising, including muscle imbalances, joint pain and post-fracture rehabilitation. The aim is to get you back to sport as soon as possible.
- Pilates (on an individual basis) - a form of exercise that may improve balance, strength, posture, flexibility and circulation. It focuses on strengthening the core abdominal and back muscles.
- Respiratory physiotherapy - relates to the assessment and treatment of people with disorders of the respiratory system. Physiotherapy is focused on maximising physical function and helping you manage symptoms.
- Shockwave therapy - also known as Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy (ESWT), it is used to treat chronic tendon problems, shoulder pain, painful heel, tennis elbow or pain in the Achilles tendon.
- Vestibular rehabilitation - the treatment consists of exercises designed to retrain the balance system and to re-programme your brain to tune out the dizzy sensations. The goal is to gradually reduce the severity of your symptoms, by becoming desensitised.
Private Physiotherapy Team
Make an appointment
You can make an appointment directly with a physiotherapist at the hospital or you can ask your GP to refer you if you prefer.
Appointments are offered on a one-to-one basis and a full examination and assessment is carried out prior to commencement of a course of treatment.
This ensures you are directed to the physiotherapist with specialist skills in that specific treatment area.
Accessing private healthcare is easy, whether you choose to pay directly or use private medical insurance.
If you are paying for yourself, we can usually offer an upfront cost which you can then choose to pay in full or access one of our easy payment options.
If you have insurance, we can arrange direct settlement with your insurance provider, although you should check in advance to see if your treatment is covered. For more information, visit our private medical insurance page.