Following our inspection in January2019, our full CQC report is now available for review.
While we acknowledge that we have some areas which require improvement, we would encourage you to read the summary of findings detailed at the front of the full report.
An action plan has already been compiled and we are working hard to ensure that all matters raised within the report are addressed. We are also delighted that the report recognised and highlighted some really important aspects relating to the care delivered at BMI The Shelburne Hospital. We were particularly pleased that we were rated as ‘Good’ for being effective, responsive and caring.
These are some of the findings detailed:
- The service controlled infection risks and kept equipment and the premises clean.
- There were no incidences of hospital acquired MRSA, MSSA, c-diff or E-Coli.
- Staff cared for patients with compassion. Feedback from patients confirmed that staff treated them well and with kindness.
- Staff provided emotional support to patients to minimise their distress.
- Staff involved patients and those close to them in decisions about their care and treatment.
- The hospital planned services around the needs and demands of patients, taking into account patients’ individual needs.
- People could access the service when they needed it.
- Managers monitored the effectiveness of care and treatment and used the findings to improve them. They compared local results with those of other BMI services to learn from them.
- The service treated concerns and complaints seriously, investigated them and learnt lessons from the results, sharing these both internally and with other BMI hospitals.
We look forward to welcoming you at BMI The Shelburne Hospital.
Executive Director - South Bucks Hospitals