Following an inspection in July 2019, our full CQC report is now available for review.
Although we received ratings of ‘Good’ in the categories for Safety, Effectiveness and Caring, we were given a Requires Improvement rating overall because of changes that needed to be made to our former Children and Young People’s services.
In line with a planned consolidation of services within BMI Healthcare, BMI The Sloane Hospital stopped providing services for children and young people in August 2019. This was after the CQC’s inspection visit and so while their comments on the service reflected what they found at the time, we are unable to address the points raised as the service is no longer running.
We are delighted that the report rates The Sloane Hospital “Good” in the remaining 11 out of 13 inspected areas and the report highlighted the commitment our staff had for their patients.
Below are some of their findings:
- Staff treated patients with compassion and kindness, respected their privacy and dignity, and took account of their individual needs.
- There was a culture of honesty, and transparency. Staff were encouraged to report incidents and learning from incidents was cascaded
- Patients we spoke with said they felt safe and were always treated respectfully by staff
- Staff felt respected, supported and valued. They were focused on the needs of patients receiving care. The service had an open culture where patients, their families and staff could raise concerns without fear
- The service controlled infection risk well. Staff kept equipment and the premises clean. They used control measures to prevent the spread of infection
- The service provided mandatory training in key skills to all staff and made sure everyone completed it
- The service used systems and processes to safely prescribe, administer, record and store medicines.
In addition, we have developed plans to address each and every area where the CQC has suggested where we could improve in order to achieve an Outstanding rating at the next inspection. We remain committed to delivering the very highest standards in quality and safety for all our patients.