As the only local private hospital, many of our patients are from Dorchester and other parts of Dorset, but we also treat people from further afield, like Yeovil and other parts of Somerset.
A number of people come to us because a friend or family member has recommended us. Others are referred by their GP, physiotherapist, osteopath or private medical insurance provider. You can also self-refer in order to get the help you need sooner.
When you choose to have your knee treatment at BMI The Winterbourne Hospital, you will benefit from:
Short waiting times – Whether you are struggling to see your GP for an appointment or concerned by the long waiting lists for knee surgery on the NHS, it can be reassuring to know that good, effective help is available for your problem, fast. We can book you and appointment with an experienced knee surgeon, so that you can access the help you need quicker.
- Flexible appointments – With a number of experienced consultants providing treatment for knee problems, it is easy to book an appointment that fits your availability. As well appointments in the hospital, we can also offer remote consultations by telephone or online video call if required (and where clinically appropriate).
- Tailored treatment – Treatment will be carefully planned to meet your specific requirements to ensure you are out of pain and back to better movement, strength and function in the knee again as quickly and fully as possible.
- Custom recovery programme – The results of any knee surgery are always improved with proper recovery and rehabilitation. Our excellent physiotherapy team will support you before and after surgery, helping you to recover safely and at the right pace for you.
- A multidisciplinary team: With experienced Consultant Hip Surgeons, radiologists, nurses, physiotherapists and other healthcare professionals, you will always receive the best treatment, rehabilitation and care for your particular knee concern.
- Patient satisfaction – In an independent survey, 98.4% of the people we treated said they were likely or extremely likely to recommend BMI The Winterbourne Hospital to their friends and family. We don’t take this for granted and continue to work hard on delivering the highest level of care to everyone who visits us for help with their knee problem.
- Location – BMI The Winterbourne Hospital is located just one mile south of Dorchester town centre and has a car park with 40 spaces.
If you are concerned about a problem with your knee, it is important to know that you are not alone. Good help is available, sooner than you may think.
We can provide a range of treatments for you, both surgical and conservative, to help get you out of pain and back to better movement and function once more.
For peace of mind and known expert care, why not book your appointment with an experienced Consultant Knee Surgeon now?
We look forward to welcoming you to BMI The Winterbourne Hospital and helping to get you out of knee pain as soon as possible.