At BMI The Winterbourne Hospital, we offer a Private Spinal Assessment Service for patients based in Dorchester, Weymouth, Bridport and the surrounding areas.
We understand that getting a rapid diagnosis followed by the correct advice is essential in the successful treatment of your condition.
With that in mind, BMI The Winterbourne Hospital is delighted to offer a Fast Track Private Spinal Assessment Service.
We will provide you with a fast and accurate diagnosis, specialist advice and access to treatment for back pain, neck pain and sciatica.
Private Spinal Assessment in Dorchester
The Private Spinal Assessment Service is led by Selina Saunders, our Musculoskeletal Clinical Specialist and Consultant Spinal Surgeon, Mr Andrew Hilton. Both of whom have had long and successful careers specialising in diagnosing and treating back and neck problems.
Initial assessment: £95
- Assessment of your condition by our Private Musculoskeletal Clinical Specialist
- Personalised plan of care
Full package: £495* (includes £95 assessment)
- Initial assessment by our Musculoskelatal Clinical Specialist
- Diagnostic imaging (e.g. MRI scan)
- Review of your case by Consultant Orthopaedic Spinal Surgeon Mr Andrew Hilton
- Follow-up appointment with results
- Rapid access to appropriate treatment
*The above price includes an MRI scan of one body part. Additional images will be charged at an extra cost.
- What to expect
What to expect
Your initial assessment…
- This will be a thorough assessment with our Musculoskeletal Clinical Specialist
- A patient history will be taken and a physical examination carried out
- An opportunity for you to discuss any concerns and ask questions
- Please bring a list of current medications and relevant past medical history
If further investigation is required…
- If a scan is recommended this will be discussed at your initial assessment and you will have the option to book this on the same day
- Once your results are available, we will see you again to explain the findings. At this session we will discuss and create a personalised plan for further treatment if necessary
Accessing private healthcare is easy, whether you choose to pay directly or use private medical insurance.
If you are paying for yourself, we can usually offer an upfront cost which you can then choose to pay in full or access one of our easy payment options.
If you have insurance, we can arrange direct settlement with your insurance provider, although you should check in advance to see if your treatment is covered. For more information, visit our private medical insurance page.