In addition to regular physiotherapy services, BMI Thornbury Hospital in Sheffield also offers a specialist sports medicine services. Whether you are a professional sports person or a sports enthusiast of any age, with an acute or chronic injury, we understand your goal is to return to fitness as soon as possible.
At BMI Thornbury Hospital we use our expertise not only to offer the best treatment available for your injury, but also to look at the underlying causes of injury and how to prevent future problems. We can offer you advice on prevention of sports injuries, warm up and muscle training for your particular sport, muscle imbalance and overuse, and a biomechanical assessment.
Treatment tailored to your individual needs
Dr Adrian Lim is a Consultant Orthopaedic Physician and Bupa Approved Sports and Exercise Medicine Consultant, and leads our Sports Medicine Service at BMI Thornbury Hospital. Dr Lim will thoroughly assess your condition, discuss his findings and plan with you a specific treatment regime to suit your needs.
Dr Lim specialises in the conservative (non-operative) management of most injuries. They include shockwave therapy, specialist rehab and a variety of injections (which include PRP, prolotherapy, steroid and hyaluronic acid) and procedures such as high volume injections and hydrodilatations (for frozen shoulder).
Sports injuries treated include the following:
- Muscle tears
- Tendon and ligament injuries
- Overuse injuries
- Post surgical rehabilitation
- Knee, ankle and foot pain
- Golfer’s elbow
- Tennis elbow
- Heel pain (plantar fasciitis)
- Achilles tendonitis
- Runner’s knee
- Meniscal injuries
Consultation, Diagnosis & Treatment
- Consultation with a leading Sports Physician
- Rapid access to diagnostics investigations including ultrasound, MRI and CT, for immediate assessment and diagnosis
- Therapeutic ultrasound
- Gym equipment to facilitate rehabilitation
- Quick access to a team of orthopaedic surgeons and physiotherapists specialising in sports injuries
- Regular weekly clinic – Tuesday mornings 10am to 12pm
- Clear pricing, offering peace of mind for those patients without private medical insurance
To make an appointment, or for further information, about the Sports Medicine services at BMI Thornbury Hospital in Sheffield, please call 01142 661133 or alternatively, make an enquiry online.