Is joint pain affecting your quality of life or stopping you doing what you love?
Joint pain affects over 10 million people in the UK and many of us are likely to experience some sort of joint discomfort at some point in our lives. Both adults and children can be affected and with a huge range of underlying causes it can be difficult to identify the most effective course of treatment.
At BMI Three Shires Hospital In Northampton we run a monthly adult only Joint Pain Injection Clinic, led by an experienced and chartered Physiotherapist Tom Webb, which provides you with fast access to diagnosis and treatment of your joint pain for a single package price. **
On the first Monday of every month 10am until 1pm, please call for availability and to book.
As part of our Joint Pain Injection Clinic you will receive:
- A full 45-minute assessment with the physiotherapist to diagnose your pain.
Following the assessment, you will follow one of three pathways:
One joint injection for treatment of the pain (if deemed necessary following the initial assessment) plus three 30-minute follow-up sessions with the physiotherapist to aid recovery.
Total cost £300.00 **
- For some patients an injection may not be required. In this case the patient will receive the full 45-minute physiotherapy assessment together with rehabilitation exercises and manual techniques (where appropriate). Patients will be charged for the physio appointment only. Following this, the patient can either continue with additional physio treatment (pay per session) or they will be referred to their GP.
Total cost - £65.00 **
- Where no injection is required but further treatment is recommended patients will have the full 45-minute physiotherapy assessment together with rehabilitation exercises and manual techniques (where appropriate). The physiotherapist will then complete a referral onto a Consultant Specialist with the patient’s full consent. Patients will pay for the initial physiotherapy appointment only. Please note an onward referral to the consultant may incur additional charges.
Total cost - £65.00 **
Conditions we treat include:
- Hip pain
- Knee pain
- Shoulder pain
- Elbow pain
- Ankle pain
About The Physiotherapist
Mr Tom Webb (MSc MCSP)
Mr Webb gained a 1st class honours degree in Sport and Exercise Science at the University of Wales in 2007 before completing his Master’s degree in Physiotherapy at King's College London in 2009.
Tom has experience working in both the public and private sector and has spent some time in elite sport where he was able to build on and enhance his clinical skills and knowledge, before joining BMI Three Shires Hospital in 2016.
Furthermore, Tom is a member of the BMI Musculo-Skeletal Special Interest Group, working with other clinicians across the country to provide pathways and protocols for all physiotherapy departments. He regularly attends teaching courses in acupuncture, the Mulligan's concept and hand therapy and has recently completed a masters module in Injection Therapy from the University of Essex; enabling him to treat a variety of conditions and pathologies.
In addition, Tom works closely with our consultants across Three Shires to treat patients both pre and post-operatively, with a specialist interest in knee (including ACL reconstruction) and shoulder pain.
For more information about our Joint Pain Injection Clinic or to arrange an appointment contact us today on 0800 092 9504 or email email@example.com.
**Terms and conditions:
- This clinic is for new patients only. Patient must be age 18 and older.
- Payment will be taken at the end of the initial physiotherapy appointment.
- Where an injection is required this will be administered during the initial assessment. Follow-up appointments can be booked at the end of the initial assessment.
Terms and conditions of fixed price packages can be found here.