At BMI Woodlands Hospital we offer the following services:
- Acupuncture physiotherapy – can be used on its own or in combination with physiotherapy to help treat a range of musculoskeletal conditions.
- Bracing - you may benefit from bracing if you have been suffering with painful joints, stability issues or have ongoing pain. Braces can also help with rehabilitation and returning to sport.
- Chronic pain management - if you have had persistent or long standing pain that has failed to respond to previous treatments, then it would be helpful to consult a physiotherapist. This type of physiotherapy has been shown to assist patients with coping strategies that can help improve quality of life.
- Gait analysis – is the assessment of the lower limb biomechanics, e.g. how you stand, walk or run, to help identify problems in your legs, hips or even your back. It can help prevent painful conditions developing or recurring.
- Hand therapy - provides assessment and holistic rehabilitation for patients with a hand or upper limb injury or condition. The treatment is tailored to your needs and focuses on helping you get back to the day to day activities that you enjoy.
- Nerve conduction studies - are used to test the electrical activity through the nerves in the arms and legs. This test is most commonly used to diagnosis carpal tunnel syndrome in the hand.
- Pelvic health rehabilitation - pelvic health physiotherapists are specially trained to assess and treat a range of conditions that can cause pelvic problems, such as incontinence of the bladder or bowel, or pelvic pain.
- Physiotherapy for sports injuries - the diagnosis and treatment of muscle, joint and nerve problems caused by practicing a sport or exercising, including muscle imbalances, joint pain and post-fracture rehabilitation. The aim is to get you back to sport as soon as possible.
- Pilates - a form of exercise that may improve balance, strength, posture, flexibility and circulation. It focuses on strengthening the core abdominal and back muscles.
- Shockwave therapy - also known as Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy (ESWT), it is used to treat chronic tendon problems, shoulder pain, painful heel, tennis elbow or pain in the Achilles tendon.
- Vestibular rehabilitation – the treatment consists of exercises designed to retrain the balance system and to re-programme your brain to tune out the dizzy sensations. The goal is to gradually reduce the severity of your symptoms, by becoming desensitised.
For further enquiries or to make a booking, please call us on 0800 404 6660 or make an online enquiry.