Our private Orthopaedic Services at BMI Woodlands Hospital are provided by consultant surgeons who can diagnose and plan your treatment, if you are based in Darlington, Richmond and Barnard Castle.
We also have chartered physiotherapists who will support your recovery where necessary.
Private Knee, Shoulder and Orthopaedic Surgery in Darlington
Following a consultation with our consultants you could:
- Get a diagnosis for your condition or injury
- Get a treatment plan suited to you, whether that means exercise, medication, surgery and/or physiotherapy
- Get a recommended rehabilitation plan consisting of exercises or physical therapy with the aim of restoring your mobility, strength and function
- Learn how to prevent any injury or progression of your condition
The added benefit of having orthopaedic treatment at BMI Woodlands Hospital is that typically our surgeons are specialised in certain areas, such as the hip, knee, spine, hand and wrist, ankle and foot, or they concentrate on particular fields such as sports and trauma medicine.
Private Knee Surgery in Darlington
- If you are suffering from arthritis in one or both of your knees, and traditional methods of reducing pain are no longer working, then a knee replacement could be the recommended treatment for you.
- You can browse our list of knee procedures here.
Private Shoulder Surgery in Darlington
- Shoulder pain is quite common, but when it lasts longer than two weeks it is recommended to speak to an orthopaedic consultant.
- Depending on the gravity of the condition, surgery might be required. You can have a look at the types of shoulder procedures we offer here.
Private Hand and Wrist Consultants in Darlington
- Due to the intricate anatomy of the hand and wrist, orthopaedic surgeons require advanced training in this area.
- At BMI Woodlands Hospital our hand and wrist consultants can diagnose and recommend the best course of treatment for your condition. You can learn more about hand and wrist surgery here.
- Our orthopaedic consultants are fully supported by Chartered Physiotherapists and Clinicians and have access to some of the latest imaging and treatment technologies.
- Along with this, they operate within a suite of excellent surgical and medical facilities, so you can be sure you’re in safe hands.
Accessing private healthcare is easy, whether you choose to pay directly or use private medical insurance.
If you are paying for yourself, we can usually offer an upfront cost which you can then choose to pay in full or access one of our easy payment options.
If you have insurance, we can arrange direct settlement with your insurance provider, although you should check in advance to see if your treatment is covered. For more information, visit our private medical insurance page.