What is skin camouflage?
Skin camouflage or concealment is the skilled application of specialist products designed to minimise, neutralise and mask defects/discolouration of the skin at surface level, creating a totally natural finish.
Who is this treatment suitable for?
It can be used on any part of the body and is suitable for men, women and children. It is a safe topical, non-invasive treatment for people with scars or other disfiguring skin conditions.
Camouflage creams can make a significant difference to disfiguring skin blemishes and provide effective, long-lasting, waterproof cover. They can be used to cover a wide number of visible conditions, including:
- Scarring surgical or other/burns/chemical burns
- Birthmarks/skin grafts
- Skin discoloration/pigmentation
- Other dermatological conditions
What are the benefits of this treatment?
Skin camouflage can offer a simple route to improved confidence and independence.
Additional benefits include:
- Appearance is instantly improved
- Focus is no longer on the defect or discolouration
- It does not interfere with ongoing medical treatment or treatment in progress
- Improves confidence and self esteem
How does skin camouflage work?
This specialist service provides support and instruction in skin camouflage to men, women and children, who have a wide range of disfigurements. The patient’s needs are assessed. Skin colour matching techniques are demonstrated along with instruction on self-application and home care procedures.