Please select a treatment:
What is haematology?
Haematology studies the blood and its disorders, especially various forms of anaemia, sickle cell disease, haemophilia, the complications of blood transfusion, and malignant diseases of the blood cells.
Some of the disorders treated by haematologists are:
- Anemias (iron deficiency, sickle cell anemia, trauma-related)
- Platelet and bleeding disorders, such as haemophilia, Von Willebrand disease
- Multiple myeloma
Common treatments and tests
These tests are mainly used to help diagnose and assess various blood disorders. The tests may be done to find the reason for:
- A low/high number of red blood cells (anaemia)
- A low/high number of white blood cells (leukopenia)
- A low/high number of platelets (thrombocytopenia) in the blood.
Conditions such as various types of leukaemia and various other types of blood disorders can cause these blood abnormalities. The tests may also be done to:
- Monitor the response of treatment for leukaemia
- Determine how far certain lymphomas or cancers have progressed
At BMI Healthcare we can carry the following blood testing such as, full blood count, sickledex, bone marrow tests, as well as blood transfusions tests.We also provide haematoid-oncology treatments.
How can BMI Healthcare help?
Our consultant haematologists can help diagnose, treat or manage your symptoms in order to help improve quality of life. We offer fast, direct and convenient appointments where the consultant can decide the best route for you and develop a tailor made treatment package.