Private hip surgery - Mako® robotic-arm assisted
Do you need hip surgery? The Mako® robot aids our surgeons throughout the procedure, allowing even greater accuracy, less pain and enhanced recovery times
What is Mako® robotic-arm assisted hip surgery?
If you’re considering hip replacement, the Mako® robotic-arm assisted surgical system could be the solution for you.
The advanced surgical system allows our specially trained surgeons to carry out hip replacements with improved accuracy.
For you, this could mean a better functioning, more natural-feeling hip.1
Why choose BMI Healthcare for robotic-arm assisted surgery?
Choosing to have robotic-arm assisted hip surgery with BMI Healthcare means:
- You could arrange to see a consultant at one of our Mako® hospitals within 48 hours
- Fast access to private treatment; whether you have medical insurance or are paying for yourself
- Our flexible payment options could help you spread the cost if you are paying for yourself
- Dedicated clinical care before, during and after your procedure
How does Mako® differ from conventional methods?
Hip replacement surgery involves removing a damaged hip joint and replacing it with a prosthesis.
The Mako® system helps our skilled consultants create a bespoke plan tailored to your individual anatomy.
Mako® aids our surgeons throughout the procedure, allowing even greater accuracy, less pain and enhanced recovery times.
More information on both the science and the benefits of robotic-arm assisted hip replacement surgery can be found on your local hospital page (see below).
Where can I have robotic-arm assisted surgery?
Mako® robotic-arm assisted hip surgery is currently available at:
- BMI The Albyn Hospital 21-24 Albyn Place, Aberdeen.
- BMI The Princess Margaret Hospital Osborne Road, Windsor.
- BMI Woodlands Hospital Morton Park, Darlington.
Specialists Offering Private hip surgery - Mako® robotic-arm assisted
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and 6 months' aftercare
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with the BMI card and spread the cost over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)