Please select a treatment:
What is occupational medicine?
Occupational medicine specialises in the diagnosis, management and prevention of disease due to, or exacerbated by workplace factors. It is concerned with all aspects of the effects of work on health and health on work.
Typical issues dealt with occupational health include:
- Management and advice on the disability provisions of the equality act
- Work-related stress
- Statutory medical assessments for lead
- Asbestos and radiation workers
- Noise-induced hearing loss
- Occupational asthma
- Work-related back and musculoskeletal problems
- Health surveillance for potential health issues caused by exposure to chemicals and vibration
- Medical assessment for ill health retirement and confirmation that applicants or staff are fit for their posts
Occupational health assessments
An occupational health assessment is a medical examination performed by an occupational health specialist. They will assess workplace health risks and assess the management of illness, injury or disability that may be related to the workplace. It can also assess somebody’s fitness to work.
How BMI Healthcare can help
Occupational medicine at BMI Healthcare offers you fast, direct and convenient general consultations with a specialist. Your physician will be able to advise you on whether you are physically or mentally healthy to work, or return to work and will help you with your route to recovery.