Ophthalmology focuses on the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of diseases of the eye and visual system.
If you've noticed changes in your eyes or vision, our ophthalmology team can help you identify the causes and decide if you need treatment.
We offer flexible payment options, meaning you can spread the cost over a period that suits you.
Do I need to see an ophthalmologist?
If you’re experiencing any of the below symptoms, you should visit an ophthalmologist:
- Changes in vision such as seeing spots or double vision
- Loss of vision
- Physical changes to the eye
- Changes in colour vision
- Changes in the field of vision such as shadows or blurriness
What treatments are available?
If you come to us with any of the above symptoms, we'll arrange an eye test as the first step in diagnosis.
We offer treatment for a wide range of eye problems and diseases including:
- Macular degeneration
- Benign and malignant tumours
The type of eye treatment you will receive will depend on your symptoms and condition. Your consultant will work together with you to decide on the best course of treatment.
Common eye tests and procedures
Our ophthalmology department offers various tests and procedures. These include:
Why come to BMI?
If you opt to have ophthalmological treatment at BMI Healthcare, you'll have access to fast and convenient appointments with a consultant of your choice.
We’re here to make you feel as comfortable and reassured as possible, whether your symptoms require treatment or not.
Vision is precious. Don't take your eye health for granted.
Ways to pay
At BMI Healthcare, we work with most major private medical insurers. If you need treatment and think it may be covered by your policy, be sure to speak to your provider.
We also offer two flexible finance options that allow you to pay for yourself and spread the cost of treatment over a year or more.
- A fixed-term loan from Chrysalis Finance offers interest-free credit for 12 months or longer terms at 9.9%APR, allowing you to pay in monthly instalments over a time period to suit you.
- The BMI credit card offers interest-free credit for the first 12 months. There’s no sign-up or annual charge and you can apply using this form.
Fixed term payment calculator Powered by Chrysalis Finance
36 monthly payments:
- Total repayment:
- Total cost of credit:
Cash price of goods/amount of credit £3800; 24 monthly payments of £174.44; Total amount repayable £4186.48.
Rates from 9.9% APR. Rates and terms offered are subject to status