What is occupational health?
Physiotherapists who work in occupational health help to treat work-related problems, as well as educating employers and staff on safe working practices to help avoid injury.
Who can benefit from of occupational health physiotherapy?
You may benefit from seeing a physiotherapist trained in occupational physiotherapy if you have, or suspect you have, joint or muscle pain related to the work that you do.
Common complaints include:
- Neck pain
- Shoulder pain
- Back pain
- Pain in the arms, hands, wrists or fingers
If symptoms arise from workplace setup, these complaints may be referred to as a repetitive strain injury or occupational overuse syndrome.
What else can occupational health physiotherapists help with?
- Ergonomics - ergonomics is about understanding how people fit within their work environment. Your workplace setup and practices are very individual. An ergonomics assessment can not only look at the equipment you use, but how you hold your body and perform certain tasks that may have caused workplace injury.
- Display screen equipment - an incorrectly set up workstation or environment can lead to pain in the neck, shoulder, back, arms, wrists and hands, and cause fatigue and eye strain. Your physiotherapist can offer advice on how to correctly set up your workstation to prevent further injury.
How much do occupational health services cost?
An initial consultation with our physiotherapists costs from £54*. Additional costs are chargeable for workplace visits, for example, to carry out workstation/display screen equipment assessments.
Why come to BMI for occupational health services?
- Self-referral - there’s no need for a referral from your GP to have physiotherapy with us, so you don’t have to wait in pain. Arrange your appointment directly with us at your convenience.
- Specially trained physiotherapists - by choosing BMI Healthcare, you’ll gain fast access to our specifically trained physiotherapists to help you with your rehabilitation plan. Our physiotherapists offer you individual care and will ensure you're doing the right exercises to improve your condition.
We offer occupational health services in our hospitals throughout the UK. Please call our advisors on 0800 404 6660 or make an online enquiry.
*This is a starting from price and varies by hospital