In addition to regular physiotherapy services, BMI also offer specialist sports injury services. Whether you are a professional sports person or a sports enthusiast of any age, with an acute or chronic injury, we understand your goal is to return to fitness as soon as possible.
At your first appointment, you will be assessed by a sports medicine doctor as well as a physiotherapist if appropriate. You will also have access to a consultant orthopaedic surgeon if necessary.
At BMI we use our expertise not only to offer the best treatment available for your injury, but also to look at the underlying causes of injury and how to prevent future problems. We can offer you advice on prevention of sports injuries, warm up and muscle training for your particular sport, muscle imbalance and overuse, and a biomechanical assessment.
Treatment tailored to your individual needs
BMI’s Sports Injuries Clinics are specialist facilities offering a comprehensive patient-centred service for treatment and rehabilitation using the most up to date research based techniques.
We will thoroughly assess your condition, discuss our findings and plan with you a specific treatment regime to suit your needs.
At BMI we use our expertise not only to offer the best treatment available for your injury, but also to look at the underlying causes of injury and how to prevent future problems.
We can offer you advice on prevention of sports injuries, warm up and muscle training for your particular sport, muscle imbalance and overuse and a biomechanical assessment.
All BMI physiotherapists are members of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy and work closely as part of our integrated multi-disciplinary teams within our hospitals so that if necessary, you can benefit from fast referrals and access to the latest imaging technologies to help accurately diagnose and aid treatment pathway decisions. Many of our physicians and physiotherapists have experience with elite athletes.
Sports injuries treated include the following:
- Muscle tears
- Tendon and ligament injuries
- Overuse injuries
- Post surgical rehabilitation
- Knee, ankle and foot pain
- Golfer’s elbow
- Tennis elbow
- Heel pain (plantar fasciitis)
- Achilles tendonitis
- Runner’s knee
- Consultation with a leading Sports Physician or specialist Sports Injury Physiotherapist
- Specialist facilities which may include hydrotherapy, gait analysis and isokinetic tests
- Access to diagnostic tests including MRI, ultrasound and X-ray
- Therapeutic ultrasound
- Gym equipment to facilitate rehabilitation
- Quick access to a team of orthopaedic surgeons specialising in sports injuries
- Convenient opening hours – same or next day appointments often available
- Clear pricing, offering peace of mind for those patients without private medical insurance