Who we are
Our hospitals have been at the heart of their communities for many years. With 55 hospitals and clinics, we are the largest network of independent hospitals in the UK.
Whether it's complex surgery or a routine procedure, we offer 115 different specialities and services, with centres in spinal, orthopaedic, neurology, cardiac and cancer care. We also care for UK and international patients, NHS and self-funding patients and those covered by private medical insurance.
Benefits of being a Nurse at BMI Healthcare
- More time with your patient so you can deliver the personalised care they deserve
- Clear career pathways to help you further your career
- A flatter structure means you can make a real difference in ways of working and process
- Flexible working hours to suit your individual lifestyle and to help create a good work/life balance
Grow with us every step of the way
If you choose to join our team, we'll help you to develop, learn and grow, no matter what stage you're at in your career. You'll also have access to relevant learning programmes via the BMI Learning Academy.
No matter what stage you are at in your career, there are clear and defined pathways for you to grow. Wherever you are now, we're very much interested in where we can take you.
Take a look below to see what career development opportunities exist for you.
I am Newly Qualified:
- Consider Preceptorship programme
I am returning-to-practice:
- BMI provide sponsorship onto your university course
I want to work in Theatres:
- Consider the Theatre Development Programme Masters Level
I am a Senior Registered Nurse:
- Receive support in becoming a leader or manager, including:
- Clinical Services Manager - Ward/Theatre - Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) Level 3
- Director of Clinical Services - Leadership and Management Apprenticeship (Level 5)
- Role specific Training (for example patient assessment)
Start your career with us
We're on the lookout for newly qualified and registered nurses offering a range of full-time, part-time and bank opportunities across the following areas:
- Theatre (Scrub, Anaesthetics and Recovery)
Interested? Click here to search our latest vacancies.
What it's like working at BMI
As a Registered Nurse at BMI Healthcare, I enjoy all aspects of my role, whether I'm working with the patients to plan their care, collaborating with outpatients staff to ensure patients have a good experience when attending the department, or working with our consultants to grow the business and develop new services.
Maggie Donaghue, Registered Nurse