I qualified from the Medical School of Damascus University in Syria. After working there in Internal Medicine for one year, I came to the United Kingdom. I worked in England, Wales and Scotland and had a clinical attachment in Northern Ireland. I have dual accreditation in Cardiology and General Internal Medicine. I became a consultant cardiologist in 2001 and was given an honorary chair at the University of Sheffield in 2019. My work is in general cardiology with special interests in heart failure, valve disease, infective endocarditis and cardiac imaging.
My main interests in cardiology are heart failure, valve disease, infective endocarditis and cardiac imaging. I do however see patients with all cardiac conditions in general both in my NHS and private practices.
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians of London
- Fellow of the European Society of Cardiology
- Fellow of the Heart Failure Association of the European Society of Cardiology
- Member of the British Cardiovascular Society
- Member of the British Society for Heart Failure