Using the NHS e-Referral Service your doctor can refer you for treatment at a BMI Healthcare hospital
If your GP decides that you need to see a specialist, you can request to have treatment from a list of private hospitals or clinics. The e-Referral Service allows you to choose the time, date and hospital or clinic for your required treatment.
This choice is a legal right and if it’s not offered at the point of referral, you should discuss the options available to you with your GP or the GP practice staff.
If you choose to have your NHS treatment at one of our hospitals in England, all the costs will be covered by the NHS. You only pay for extra personal items, just as you would in any NHS hospital.
Graphic provided by the NHS Partner Network
At present the e-Referral Service does not cover NHS patients in Scotland or Wales.
Why you should have your
NHS treatment at our hospital
Once your GP has confirmed that you need treatment, please ask if you can have your NHS treatment at a BMI Healthcare hospital.
Our consultants and nursing staff offer the same level of care as you would get on the NHS, as well as:
- Fast access to a consultant
- Continuity of care with the same consultant, caring for you throughout your treatment
- Treatment within an 18-week referral to treatment pathway
- Comfortable facilities in a private setting
- Excellent record of infection prevention and control
Our quality of care has been praised by our patients, with 98.5% extremely likely or likely to recommend the hospital to their friends and family.
How to book an appointment
Once your GP has decided you need to be referred to a hospital, you can choose your preferred hospital or clinic. The booking process varies between GP practices; however, your options are likely to be:
- Your GP or other practice staff will book your appointment for you while you are in the surgery and give you a Unique Booking Reference Number (UBRN)
- You can contact the NHS Telephone Appointments Line on with your Unique Booking Reference Number (UBRN), which is given to you by your GP on your appointment request letter
- Use the patient booking app or visit the NHS e-Referral Service website to book your appointment online.
Once your appointment is booked
Your appointment with BMI Healthcare will be confirmed by letter, along with any instructions to follow in preparation of your appointment. A copy will also be sent to your GP.
*Not all NHS treatments are available at BMI hospitals. Please visit www.nhs.uk for a full list of treatments.