Mr Amit Patel
Consultant Laparoscopic General and Colorectal Surgeon
BSc, MB BS, MD, FRCS
Practices at: BMI The Droitwich Spa Hospital
His training culminated in a laparoscopic colorectal fellowship at the world renowned St Mark’s Hospital for colorectal disease in London under the tutelage of Professor Robin Kennedy. During his 1 and ½ years at St Mark’s, Mr Patel received extensive training in complex colorectal tertiary referrals from across the UK. Since joining as a consultant at Worcestershire Acute Trust, he has introduced day case laparoscopic surgery at the Redditch site, and initiated newer techniques in coloproctology surgery – in particular day case haemorrhoidal surgery. Furthermore, Mr Patel has introduced a pelvic floor service to the region including laparoscopic prolapse surgery, management of faecal incontinence and obstructive defecatory disorders. Prior to his arrival, patients were being referred to neighboring trusts for diagnosis and management.
His current field of interest and practice, reflect his high level of specialist training in both laparoscopic general and colorectal surgery.
"For years I had been putting off having my haemorrhoid discomfort addressed due to a fear of an excruciating procedure and long recovery time. When I did finally pluck up the courage, I chose Mr Patel based on his expertise in this field and his enthusiasm for non-traditional techniques. My faith was rewarded following THD surgery, from which I experienced only a couple of days discomfort; manageable with over the counter pain killers. Within a fortnight of rest I was back to normal, 100% cured, and left wondering why I had left it so long in the first place. Would absolutely recommend Mr Patel for anyone else suffering the same issues as I was." Stephen C.
- Laparoscopic inguinal and ventral wall hernia repair
- Coloproctology including fistula in ano, anal fissures, day case haemorrohidal surgery
- Inflammatory bowel disease including laparoscopic pouch surgery
- Pelvic floor disorders, including laparoscopic rectopexy, rectal prolapse surgery, management of obstructive defecatory syndrome
- Diagnostic and therapeutic gastroscopy and colonoscopy including polyp removal
- Excision of skin lesions
- Royal College of Surgeons England
- Association of Coloproctology Great Britain & Ireland
- Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons Great Britain & Ireland
- West Midlands Pelvic Floor Society
- Medical and Dental defence union of Scotland
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)