Dr Holt is a Consultant Physician and Transplant Hepatologist at the liver unit, Queen Elizabeth Hospital and Senior Researcher at the University of Birmingham. He is Lead Physician for the Birmingham Live-Liver Donor programme and has particular responsibilities for Liver services and Transplantation in Wales and the W.Midlands. He is a partner in the Birmingham Liver Clinic.
Dr Holt graduated with an Honours degree in Medicine in 1996 and is accredited with the GMC as a Consultant in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology. He moved to the Birmingham Liver Transplant Unit in 2002 where he now practices as a Consultant Physician and Hepatologist specialising in liver diseases and transplantation. The Liver Unit is one of the largest of its kind in Europe and is highly regarded by patients and specialists alike. The Unit provides tertiary and quaternary services for Midlands, Northern Ireland, Wales and the South West and specialises in the management of complex and life-threatening disease.
Dr Holt offers a discreet and professional service and welcomes referrals relating to any form of Liver and Hepatobiliary disease. His clinic can also provide Fibroscan™ examination of the liver – a non-invasive means of measuring liver fibrosis without recourse to biopsy. His particular interests include:
- Investigation of abnormal liver tests including Fibroscan™
- Alcoholic liver disease and alcoholic cirrhosis
- Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C infections including antiviral therapy
- Fatty liver and other metabolic disease
- Cirrhosis and liver cancer
- Investigation and treatment of jaundice
- ERCP and Hepatobiliary endoscopy
- Live and Cadaveric Liver Transplantation