Mr Ben John Yates
Consultant Podiatric Surgeon
MSc BSc (Hons) F.C. Pod. (S) D.Pod.M
Practices at: BMI The Ridgeway Hospital
Mr Yates has performed over 12000 foot and ankle procedures. The majority of this surgery is performed on a day case basis under either local or general anaesthetic. Recent independent audits have demonstrated high patient satisfaction rates (93% at two year follow-up) for a variety of common foot and ankle procedures.
Mr Yates has lectured at both national and international conferences and authored a number of articles. He is the principal editor of the textbook Assessment of the Lower Limb (Elsevier, 2009). He sits on the advisory panel for several journal publications.
Many conditions can be treated successfully without surgery and careful assessment, often involving imaging studies, is needed to help diagnose the condition and plan the best management. Mr Yates uses the most advanced treatment options for the management of overuse conditions such as plantar fasciitis and Achilles tendonopathy including Extracorpeal Shock Wave Therapy (ESWT) and enhanced injection techniques and orthotics.
- Foot and ankle surgery with a particular interest in forefoot deformity such as bunions and hammer toes. Ben undertakes over 150 bunion corrections each year
- Surgical management of foot arthritis and foot deformity
- Conservative and surgical management of foot and ankle sports injuries
- Biomechanical assessment and use of orthoses (shoe inserts) for foot, ankle and lower limb problems
- Surgical management of the diabetic foot
- Mid foot arthritis
- Tibialis posterior dysfunction
- Tibialis posterior tendon repair
- Fellow surgical faculty Society of Chiropodists and Podiatrists
- Fellow Australasian College of Podiatric Surgeons
- Healthcare Professions Council
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)