Mr Bilal Alkhaffaf
Consultant Upper GI and Bariatric Surgeon
MBChB, PhD, FRCS
Practices at: BMI The Alexandra Hospital
Mr Alkhaffaf grew up in Manchester and attended the University of Manchester from which he graduated in 2003. He prioritises the delivery of excellent medical care for all his patients and believes that this should be achieved through a relationship based on trust, clear communication and an empathetic approach. He specialises in the treatment of conditions affecting the upper gastrointestinal tract. These include obesity, oesophageal and gastric cancer, benign oesophageal and gastric disorders, acid reflux, hiatus hernia and achalasia.
Mr Alkhaffaf is active in the field of research and holds the position of ‘Honorary Senior Lecturer’ at the University of Manchester. His research activities have resulted in his award of a prestigious ‘NIHR Doctoral Research Fellowship‘ grant which supported the successful completion of a PhD in the field of outcome reporting in surgical trials.
- Bariatric and metabolic surgery
- Sleeve gastrectomy
- Gastric bypass
- Mini-gastric bypass
- Gastric balloon
- Gastric band
- Revision bariatric surgery
- Oesophageal cancer and tumours
- Gastric cancer and tumours
- Acid reflux
- Linx anti-reflux device
- Hiatus hernia
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh
- Association of Upper Gastrointestinal Surgeons of Great Britain & Ireland (AUGIS)
- British Obesity & Metabolic Surgery Society (BOMSS)
- The International Federation of the Surgery for Obesity and Metabolic Diseases (IFSO)
- International Gastric Cancer Association (IGCA)
- The European Society of Surgical Oncology (ESSO)
- BASO – The Association for Cancer Surgery
- Faculty of Surgical Trainers (FST)
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)